WE SPECIALISE IN FINDING FANTASTIC OPPORTUNITIES
FOR DIGITAL AND DATA SPECIALISTS WITH THE MOST INNOVATIVE BUSINESS ACROSS EUROPE AND THE USA.
Amsterdam, North Holland
4 months ago
Role of the Database Administrator is to design, implement, manage and support our production and development databases. The databases are hosted in private cloud and in transition our private cloud in Azure. The role involves performing security and maintenance releases. The DBA will work directly with peers in the IT Infrastructure team and IT Business Application teams to define and evolve our data model, support application development, and data analytics. The role reports to the Infrastructure Operations Manager. Primary focus of our databases are MS-SQL servers, with some MySQL databases.
Key Responsibilities & Functions
- Database Administration: DBMS management, backup, recovery and reorganization. Installation, upgrade and conversion of DBMS engines as needed. Performance monitoring and tuning. Storage management and capacity planning.
- Data Analysis and Data Base Design: Ability to analyse complex logical data constructs and process flows to design, develop and implement effective data base design solutions.
- Application Configuration Management: Maintain configurable parameters within Microsoft SQL. Define users and authorizations to the Microsoft SQL.
- Design and implement cloud hosting structure
- Assist in determining database solutions to business requirements and develop detailed design specifications that include appropriate input from systems analysts and business partners
- Perform continuous database and storage improvements and optimizations Review, evaluate, analyze and modify existing structure as necessary.
- Provide guidance, suggestions and recommendations for modern technology solutions
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Documentation of systems, procedures and processes
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Bachelors degree in computer science or technical field, or equivalent experience
- Sufficient SQL & MySQL database administration experience
- Experience with large relational database management systems
- Experience with Azure databases (SaaS/PaaS)
- Virtulisation, Windows OS, MySQL experience preferable
- Good analytical and/or troubleshooting skills
- Good project management, communication and team skills
- Good personal organization skills
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- MCSA, Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE): Data Platform
- Experience with SQL Server 2012, 2016 and 2017
Darwin Recruitment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.