Middleware Consultant - Websphere Application Server
Zürich, Switzerland , Swiss Franc700 - Swiss Franc850 per day
2018-03-28 12:33:49 +0100
The Middleware Product Consultant and Engineer has the primary responsibility to maintain/develop/expand the Middleware infrastructure and associated interfaces based on innovation/developments from the market and requirements from the business community. Being proactive in consulting the internal customers is another important responsibility in order to find best possible solutions.
- Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Execute systems analysis, conduct requirements gathering, translate end-user requests into Middleware infrastructure designs and implement solutions.
- Ensure Operational Readiness of implementations by creating technical documentation, automated testing procedures, operational procedures.
- Optimize the existing environment by evaluating/developing new/additional capabilities/technologies/concepts.
- Incorporate automation, optimization, efficiency gains and security in your daily work.
- Provide 3rd level technical support for internal colleagues and external service providers.
- Strong experience in engineering, integrating and operating Web Application Platforms including IBM WebSphere (Liberty) Application Server, Tomcat, Microsoft IIS
- Strong experience in developing applications in a variety of coding languages (e.g. Java, Python, Jython).
- Experience with Linux and Unix-like systems.
- Experience with Cloud platforms (e.g. Cloud Foundry, Kubernetes).
- Experience with Database Systems (e.g. Oracle, PostgreSQL, MongoDB).
- Thorough understanding of the latest security principles, techniques, and protocols.
- Ability to effectively interact with internal/external resources and other business owners on a nontechnical level.
- Confidence in obtaining and providing sound advice for customers and colleagues.
Managing This Role
Since starting as a Trainee Consultant in 2010, I have worked in positions such as Consultant, Senior Consultant, Team Leader and in recent years, working as Darwin's first Part...Ashley's Full Bio