WE SPECIALISE IN FINDING FANTASTIC OPPORTUNITIES
FOR DIGITAL AND DATA SPECIALISTS WITH THE MOST INNOVATIVE BUSINESS ACROSS EUROPE AND THE USA.
600000.00kr - 900000.00kr per annum
3 months ago
About the position
We are looking for an experienced Media Streaming Engineer to join our DevOps team to help us creating ground-breaking video services. The position is a full-time position at our Oslo office to work tightly within our Engineering team. Our team builds and manages the services from ingestion of content to the delivery to clients. This includes transcoding, encryption, DRM, packaging, origin services, CDN integration to name a few.
We build workflow to deliver both VOD and Live services. To deliver best in class experience to our customers we are looking for a candidate that has a deep and broad understanding of streaming and compression technologies. The ideal candidate is familiar with a variety of video quality metrics, is familiar with video and audio codecs and understands streaming protocols like HLS, DASH and MSS.
- Experience with live and VOD streaming protocols such as RTMP, HLS, MPEG-DASH, and CMAF
- Expertise and experience of tools for encoding/decoding/muxing/demuxing (such as ffmpeg, x264, x265, MP4Box), and content protection (CENC)
- Good knowledge of video transport and container formats (such as MP4, MPEG-TS)
- Experience with well-known streaming solution brands in the industry (i.e AWS Elemental, Ateme, Unified-Streaming, Wowza, WMSPanel, AppearTV or similar)
- Good understanding of cloud service provider offerings (AWS, Google Cloud, etc.)
- A strong eye for architecture and patterns
- Experience with online video platforms (OVPs)
- Knowledge of DVB-S, DVB-T and DVB-C
- Experience with applying VMAF algorithm in optimizing content processing pipeline efficiency
- Architectural knowledge of Amazon AWS Media Services product suite for live and VOD streaming services, storage, and delivery
Darwin Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.