WE SPECIALISE IN FINDING FANTASTIC OPPORTUNITIES
FOR DIGITAL AND DATA SPECIALISTS WITH THE MOST INNOVATIVE BUSINESS ACROSS EUROPE AND THE USA.
Amsterdam, North Holland
Up to €550.00 per day
7 months ago
Media Delivery - Senior Engineer
- Network & App. protocols
- OTT / On demand / PVR
- Linux guru
- This role is a key technical engineering/managing position within the release & test management group that is responsible for the release and testing of vendor delivered technology, software and service implementation of Products & Services across all Go To Market teams and therefore should ensure and manage quality, timelines, functionality and synergies in our overall delivery and operating model by working closely with peers within Technology and across the wider Technology & Innovation group.
- This role is pivotal in bringing together services at the design activity level, including drawing in IT, Core, and other Technology groups such that we build a compelling and differentiated service across the entire customer journey, not just the core product functionality, with built-in quality, robustness and operational excellence instrumentation and operating model design.
- This role must also focus on achieving wider Technology objectives around scale, cost efficiency, speed to market and quality.
- As Release Management & Test Engineer you will be required to act as the primary facilitator of the test process within Engineering teams. You will ensure efficient workflow, planning, and status reporting, as well as managing risks and resolving impediments. Next to this you will have an understanding of the test cases generated and could with support of the component owner run the test cases. These activities are undertaken to ensure the predictable performance of the component owner and test teams and the delivery of new product, product functionality and bug fixes to the defined quality process. Additionally you will plan and coordinate activities across multiple teams and where required across departments and external interfaces; you responsibilities include:
- Being a team player. You will be comfortable surrendering component owners, other teams release management and control to the Product Team(s).
- Removing impediments. You will do everything in your power to remove obstacles that are preventing the team from accomplishing its test release.
- Radiating information. You will radiate information / ensure that a team's progress and successes are highly visible to all stakeholders, including the team itself.
- Supporting the Product Teams. In addition to removing impediments for the team, you will also work to assist the Product Owner with various activities