Manual Test Engineer
Amsterdam, North Holland , €380 - €400 per day
2018-06-06 08:48:17 +0100
QA & Test
- People who are able to execute the tests cases, identify issues, document how to reproduce an issue, capture relevant logs and other details that might assist the engineers to perform the root cause analysis.
The team is part of the development group for Connectivity. Sole focus will be on SW release quality management of the Mercury Mv1 Cable Modem. This means that they are an integral part of the SW development process, generating multiple new engineering versions per day which need to be tested on new functionality, fixes and possible regression.
- Responsible for identifying actual or potential problems in CPE software (components)
- Responsible for issue life cycle management.
- Responsible for test definition and execution
- Extensive cooperation with (internal and external) technology suppliers during integration, triaging and resolving issues.
- As required, support the definition, installation, and maintenance of test equipment and systems
Knowledge & Experience:
- BSc degree in Engineering or Computer Science.
- Two or more years direct experience with:
- CPE testing
- Network configurations, DHCP and routers
- Software integration and testing
- ISTQB® Certified tester certification is appreciated
- Exposure to agile software development methodologies is appreciated.
- Experience with DOCSIS and Gateways is appreciated
Skills & Abilities:
- Must be willing and able to adapt rapidly to changing priorities and technologies.
- Should have good interpersonal skills, to maintain and develop effective working relationships with other peers
- Must have good problem solving skills and attention for detail.
- Must be able to work under pressure and be prepared to work outside normal working hours when necessary.
- Must be proactive, with a desire to continuously improve system solutions, documentation and processes & procedures.