Lead Software Engineer - Elixir
Dubai, United Arab Emirates , Negotiable
2019-03-26 16:27:57 +0000
Elixir & Erlang
My client is an industry leader in building technology for the oil & gas sector. They have invested heavily in the use of Elixir & Erlang for a number of key projects, leading to a vacancy for a number of experienced engineers to join their team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for working on an awesome new app that will give a new look at how we can contact tradespeople quickly & efficiently.
The responsibilities for this role are as follows:
- To write clean & maintainable code in Elixir, this will need to be suitable for CI/CD
- Design, architect & development of software for large-scale systems
- Coaching & acting as a mentor for Junior members of the team
- Troubleshooting problems & develop practical solutions for production issues.
- Actively participate in Agile Scrum based development activities
Ideal candidates will have the following:
- Proven experience designing highly scalable, fault-tolerant software
- Strong knowledge of Erlang and/or Elixir
- Familiarity with Python, Redis, MySQL
- Knowledge of AWS
- Experience working in a microservice-based infrastructure
- Strong English communication skills
This role is located on-site in Dubai, candidates will have to be open to relocating for this position.