Lead PHP Developer - Symfony / Docker stack
Köln, Nordrhein-Westfalen , €70000 - €90000 per annum
2019-05-01 09:00:44 +0100
Back-end, Full Stack
Are you un-challenged in your current job, but love coding too much to evere completely stop?
Will a Lead Developer role offer you new and exciting responsibilities?
Are you a PHP Symfony "god" capable of training mere PHP mortals to your standards?
This Lead Developer role will ideally be found and hired before the end of May - make your application now!
We are a tech start-up in Cologne city centre, a 10 minute walk from Köln HBF, who have been established for over 4 years now. We are financially backed by a much larger organisation with enough funding to see us through at least the next 5 years! Our tech product is used by 100'000's of users across Europe to make usually expensive services more accessible and more affordable to ordinary people.
We employ 30 people today with a small and steadily growing development team of 5 programmers. Sadly our Lead Developer will leave us to set up his own business, and so now we must replace him with an equally talented PHP Symfony expert. We cannot promote within because the skill level of the other developers does not meet our extremely high leadership standards.
This presents an exciting opportunity to you!
- Our 5 person team is very excited to benefit from a new leader's ideas and knowledge, they love to learn!
- They are open minded people from all over the world, the culture is diverse
- English is the teams main spoken language
- You will hold the technology decision making power. You hold the autonomy, but share with your team's input
- Backend architecture, quality standards, development and deployment processes are all your responisbilities
The experience we expect includes:
- 7+ years professional PHP coding experience
- You will be fluent in the major PHP frameworks, ideally Symfony but Laravel background might work too
- You bring with you modern deployment experience using DevOps tools such as Docker or Kubernetes
- Previous leadership experience. Not team leadership, but technology leadership
- A history of delivering large or highly complex software products
If reading about a technology leadership position excites you and you would like to know more, please apply with your most recent CV and full contact details for immediate consideration!
We want to make this new hire quickly, ideally concluding the interview process before the end of May
WHAT'S HAPPENING NEAR YOU?
We understand that our network is the most important asset to our business, so we truly value recommendations. If you have a friend who is looking to take the next step in their career, let us know and we can help them.We have an excellent range of prizes to choose from.
Please note that your recommendation must be working in a position we place them in for a minimum of 3 months for a permanent role, or 1 month for a contract role