Lead Frontend Developer
Köln, Nordrhein-Westfalen , €65000.00 - €80000.00 per annum + home office + flexi hours
2019-08-29 09:24:56 +0100
Front-end, Full Stack
Frontend strategy, frontend architecture and chosing the tools & tech to implement with
Hiring and coaching a small sub-team of Frontend Dev's
Holding total ownership of everything frontend in a from-scratch product rebuild
These are your 3 core responsibilities in this Lead Frontend Developer position for a profitable, self-sufficient tech product company in Cologne city centre.
Why is this position available?
Our product is being completely re-built from scratch. Currently the management team are in conception phase and the new development work will begin in September 2019. This presents an opportunity to re-organise and improve Development team.
There are 5 backend Dev's but nobody who can take total ownership of the frontend strategy, frontend architecture and deciding which technology and tools to implement with.
We search for a person who is capable of leading the frontend and even building a small frontend dev team around them. This role does include some UI duties (not sitting on photoshop or illustrator, but you should be capable of coding to User Interface Design and User Experience)
What is your purpose?
- As a Tech Lead / Lead Developer your decisions and your programming work will have an immediate, tremendous impact on the rebuild of our product.
- Your tech leadership will make you a critical member in stabilising, improving and growing our team, culture and overall working environment.
- To create a frontend that has a direct impact on user value of course!
Why us instead of the other job applications you could make?
- How often do you get to join a team building a large product from scratch? This is uniquely fortunate timing!
- Technology leadership opportunities are often obtained organically, not through employer moves. Again the fortunate timing here makes for a unique opportunity to hold a highly influential leadership role.
- You are the frontend decision maker, own your work!
- Flexible working hours + home office working options
- Fast MacBook with SSD and Retina display or equivalent Linux notebook
- Highly experienced colleagues, Affilicon recruit to truly hire tech ability standard
- The office location is excellent, surrounded by 100+ restaurants, bars and near to Koln Haubtbahnhof station for an easy commute
- Highly Agile business, short and fast decisions can be made
- Extraordinarily sophisticated and complex platform offering a real challenge every day at work
- No limit to B2B or B2C work, you will do both!
- Office on four floors with roof terrace, summer party and Christmas party, barbecue and drinks after work.
The person we search for:
- Someone who balances their strong character with inspired leadership
- Someone who wants to remain close to technology and "hands on"
- Previous experience in a frontend lead, tech lead role or
- At this level it doesn't matter if you are an Angular, React or Vue person. These are just tools!
- Capable of evaluating different tech options to decide the most appropriate for your strategy
- Probably over 7 years experience in frontend programming
- Tech lead history is essential, team lead is bonus
Are you curious and ready for such an important position? Apply to this job advertisement with a recent CV which includes your full contact details.
Alternatively you may email directly email@example.com or find me on LinkedIn here: www.linkedin.com/in/jamie-rogers-08852b20
WHAT'S HAPPENING NEAR YOU?
We understand that our network is the most important asset to our business, so we truly value recommendations. If you have a friend who is looking to take the next step in their career, let us know and we can help them.We have an excellent range of prizes to choose from.
Please note that your recommendation must be working in a position we place them in for a minimum of 3 months for a permanent role, or 1 month for a contract role