Lead Database Administrator
Lead Database Administrator.
Lead Database Administrator
Ideally we are looking for...
A technical lead with hands-on oracle and SQL server skills. You will join a team of fellow engineers that nurture an engineering culture with roots in diversity, inclusion and equality. As a team, we embrace a DevOps culture and have a can-do mentality. We own the products we build and support. We are looking for someone who combines craftsmanship with engineering pride. Your ability to listen and learn drives the innovation upon which we build together. We expect you to lead by example and to be an ambassador of our engineering culture.
Ideally you have...
- 8+ years of cumulative, hands-on experience with Oracle and SQL database technologies
- Proficiency with MySQL and PostgreSQL database technologies desired
- Ability to exercise project oversight and function as point guard for the team in projects
- Exercises excellent oral / written communication skills, demonstrating an ability to communicate a myriad of topics to a myriad of audiences
- Working knowledge of Linux OS, specifically with regards to the database to operating system interactions and configurations
- Demonstrated scripting knowledge (Python, Shell, PowerShell, etc.)
- Demonstrated use of orchestration tools in automation projects (Terraform, Jenkins, Ansible, etc.)
- Proficient experience deploying database technologies in public clouds (Azure, AWS)
- Advanced experience in backup and recovery
- Proficient knowledge of Change Data Capture technologies
- Proficient experience with implementing HA / DR solutions
- Familiarity with storage sub-systems supporting database platforms
- Proficient knowledge of Monitoring and Alerting frameworks
- Working knowledge of data virtualization techniques
- Ability to manage triage situations, including reactive remediation of performance issues as well as performing proactive maintenance to prevent future performance issues
- Ability to implement database security measures as needed - monitoring, auditing, encryption, masking
- Support of audit and compliance requirements
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple work streams and projects with minimal supervision
Darwin Recruitment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Apply NowJoão Reis
SUBMIT YOUR CV
SIMILAR JOBS IN Data Analytics.
Senior Functional Solution Architect
Apply Now What you will bring Strong relationship building skills including the ability to relate constructively to all levels of...
Senior Data Governance Analyst
Apply Now Who We Are Looking For We are seeking a hard-working Senior Data Governance Analyst who is able to...
Lead Data Engineer
Apply Now You will Collaborate with peers on strategies definition and address cross team concerns Enable your teams, peers and...
USE OUR ONLINE PLATFORM TO ACCESS ALL THE INSIGHTS THAT YOU NEED...
• Salaries; split by technology and seniority level.
• Time to hire; how long it takes to secure and start a new role, or source and hire talent.
• The average tenure of professionals per tech specialism.
• Gender split per location and tech specialism.
• Fastest growing skills per tech specialism.