WE SPECIALISE IN FINDING FANTASTIC OPPORTUNITIES
FOR DIGITAL AND DATA SPECIALISTS WITH THE MOST INNOVATIVE BUSINESS ACROSS EUROPE AND THE USA.
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 months ago
The primary purpose of this role is to provide advanced analytical capabilities to support data science initiatives. This position gains experience in various areas including, but not limited to: predictive modeling; personalization and recommendation algorithms; natural language processing and text mining; search recall, precision, ranking, and related problems; optimization and mathematical programming with applications in labor scheduling, inventory and capacity planning, network flows, and supply chain optimization.
A Lead Data Scientist solves highly complex problems that do not yet have solutions in the research and span much of the Data Science portfolio. Therefore, the individual in this role must be an expert in his/her field and confident in interacting and proposing solutions to the business. This role influences the thought process and methodology for other team members.
- Mines and extracts data and applies statistics and algorithms necessary to derive insights for Lowe\'s and Lowe\'s Digital
- Supports the generation of an automated insights generation framework for Lowe\'s business partners to effectively interpret data
- Provides actionable insights through data science on Personalization, Search & Navigation, SEO & Promotions, Supply Chain, Services, other company priorities, etc.
- Tracks success of Lowe\'s through the development of dashboard reports that measure financial results, customer satisfaction, and engagement metrics
- Conducts deep statistical analysis, including predictive and prescriptive modeling in order to provide a competitive advantage at Lowe\'s
- Maintains expert-level knowledge on industry trends, emerging technologies, and new methodologies and applies it to projects as well as using it to guide team members
- Leads automation and analytical projects, collaborating across functions in Lowe\'s and Lowe\'s Digital
- Responsible for influencing, leading the thought process, and defining the appropriate methodology for team members
- Translates or provides guidance to more junior level scientists to translate requirements into an analytical approach; asks the right questions to understand the problem; validates understanding with Stakeholder or Manager
- Builds or provides guidance for building the analytic approach to solving a business problem; helps identify the sources, methods, parameters, and procedures to be used; clarifies expectations with stakeholders and plans resources accordingly
- Leverages deep understanding of statistical techniques and tools to analyze data according to the project plan; communicates with stakeholders to provide updates and manage scope
- Prepares final recommendations, ensuring solutions are best-in-class, implementable and scalable in the business
- Leads the execution of plan for measuring impact based on discussions with stakeholders, partners and senior team members
- Leads the execution of projects with full adherence to enterprise project management practices by participating in formal and informal training
- Maintains knowledge of techniques, technology, industry trends, best practices, and emerging methodologies
- Identifies value gaps and opportunities for process enhancements or efficiencies; provides guidance on how to integrate requirements with current systems and business processes
- Bachelor\'s degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Economics, Engineering, Computer Science, Data or Information Science, or related quantitative analytic field AND 6 years of experience in analytics AND 2 years of programming experience (Python, Java, Scala, Rust, etc.)
- Master\'s degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Economics, Engineering, Computer Science, Data or Information Science, or related quantitative analytic field AND 3 years of experience in analytics AND 1 year of programming experience (Python, Java, Scala, Rust, etc.)
- Ph.D. in Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Economics, Engineering, Computer Science, Data or Information Science, or related quantitative analytic field AND 2 years of experience in analytics
- Knowledge of SQL and various statistical modeling or machine learning techniques
- In most cases Lowe's will not be able to provide sponsorship for roles located in the Charlotte Tech Hub
- Ph.D. degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Economics, Engineering, Computer Science, Data or Information Science, or related quantitative analytic field
- 3 years of experience performing predictive analytics at a large scale enterprise
- 3 years of experience in data science or advanced analytics in industry
- SQL experience
- Programming experience (Python, Java, Scala, Rust, etc.)
- Experience using multiple data systems and sources (such as Hadoop, Spark, Aster, Teradata, etc.)
Darwin Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.