WE SPECIALISE IN FINDING FANTASTIC OPPORTUNITIES
FOR DIGITAL AND DATA SPECIALISTS WITH THE MOST INNOVATIVE BUSINESS ACROSS EUROPE AND THE USA.
Charlotte, North Carolina
about 2 months ago
The primary purpose of this role is to provide advanced analytical capabilities to support data science initiatives. This position gains experience in various areas including, but not limited to: predictive modeling; personalization and recommendation algorithms; natural language processing and text mining; search recall, precision, ranking, and related problems; optimization and mathematical programming with applications in labor scheduling, inventory and capacity planning, network flows, and supply chain optimization.
A Lead Data Scientist solves highly complex problems that do not yet have solutions in the research and span much of the Data Science portfolio. Therefore, the individual in this role must be an expert in his/her field and confident in interacting and proposing solutions to the business. This role influences the thought process and methodology for other team members.
- Mines and extracts data and applies statistics and algorithms necessary to derive insights for Lowe\'s and Lowe\'s Digital
- Supports the generation of an automated insights generation framework for Lowe\'s business partners to effectively interpret data
- Provides actionable insights through data science on Personalization, Search & Navigation, SEO & Promotions, Supply Chain, Services, other company priorities, etc.
- Tracks success of Lowe\'s through the development of dashboard reports that measure financial results, customer satisfaction, and engagement metrics
- Conducts deep statistical analysis, including predictive and prescriptive modeling in order to provide a competitive advantage at Lowe\'s
- Maintains expert-level knowledge on industry trends, emerging technologies, and new methodologies and applies it to projects as well as using it to guide team members
- Leads automation and analytical projects, collaborating across functions in Lowe\'s and Lowe\'s Digital
- Responsible for influencing, leading the thought process, and defining the appropriate methodology for team members
- Translates or provides guidance to more junior level scientists to translate requirements into an analytical approach; asks the right questions to understand the problem; validates understanding with Stakeholder or Manager
- Builds or provides guidance for building the analytic approach to solving a business problem; helps identify the sources, methods, parameters, and procedures to be used; clarifies expectations with stakeholders and plans resources accordingly
- Leverages deep understanding of statistical techniques and tools to analyze data according to the project plan; communicates with stakeholders to provide updates and manage scope
- Prepares final recommendations, ensuring solutions are best-in-class, implementable and scalable in the business
- Leads the execution of plan for measuring impact based on discussions with stakeholders, partners and senior team members
- Leads the execution of projects with full adherence to enterprise project management practices by participating in formal and informal training
- Maintains knowledge of techniques, technology, industry trends, best practices, and emerging methodologies
- Identifies value gaps and opportunities for process enhancements or efficiencies; provides guidance on how to integrate requirements with current systems and business processes
- Bachelor\'s degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Economics, Engineering, Computer Science, Data or Information Science, or related quantitative analytic field AND 6 years of experience in analytics AND 2 years of programming experience (Python, Java, Scala, Rust, etc.)
- Master\'s degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Economics, Engineering, Computer Science, Data or Information Science, or related quantitative analytic field AND 3 years of experience in analytics AND 1 year of programming experience (Python, Java, Scala, Rust, etc.)
- Ph.D. in Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Economics, Engineering, Computer Science, Data or Information Science, or related quantitative analytic field AND 2 years of experience in analytics
- Knowledge of SQL and various statistical modeling or machine learning techniques
- In most cases Lowe's will not be able to provide sponsorship for roles located in the Charlotte Tech Hub
- Ph.D. degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Economics, Engineering, Computer Science, Data or Information Science, or related quantitative analytic field
- 3 years of experience performing predictive analytics at a large scale enterprise
- 3 years of experience in data science or advanced analytics in industry
- SQL experience
- Programming experience (Python, Java, Scala, Rust, etc.)
- Experience using multiple data systems and sources (such as Hadoop, Spark, Aster, Teradata, etc.)
Darwin Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Driven by innovation and research, our client is disrupting healthcare with an AI engine. They are a scaleup company building machine learning product(s) customized to a variety of healthcare institutions and clients. Their models are fully based on university research which is a real drive for futureproof and scalable solutions. We are looking for a Lead Data Scientist that is : Fluent in Python, as their backend and data models are fully in Python Experienced with NLP techniques extract and validate data generated Knowledgeable about basic Machine Learning and AI principles Your daily responsibilities would include: Working closely with multi-disciplinary team to drive innovation and create med-tech AI products Setting-up, deploying and maintaining Data Science pipelines Leading various ML and AI projects that are improving the healthcare, alongside team of 6 other Data Scientists The company offers: Competitive salary + secondary benefits Remote work and traveling possibilities An innovative, diverse and vibrant environment If you are a Lead Data Scientist who is interested in this role or you know a Lead Data Scientist who might be, please feel free to apply here or contact me directly at: E: Nikolija.firstname.lastname@example.org Darwin Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Our client is looking for a Lead Data Scientist to join their growing Machine Learning team in Copenhagen. The company in question is a huge global player in the consultancy field and has been a presence in Denmark for many years. This specific role will be part of a new tech team they have been building for the last few years and has already shown a strong amount of success. The company sees Data Science as the future of the business and they're taking a very open approach to how they can be impactful. They have no project restrictions on the industry or size of the client, but this is a machine learning specific team, so you will have the chance to use machine learning on a broad scale and from an expert perspective. Needs; 5+ years of experience working with Data Science in a leading role Experience deploying Machine Learning models into production A data-first approach towards application development Proven experience in relevant programming languages, such as Python or R Knowledge of Docker and Kubernetes If you think you could be a match for the role, click apply or email email@example.com Darwin Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS: R (Rshiny, ggplot2, tidyverse, ggplot2, plotly) Basic familiarity with concepts in machine learning PostgreSQL Engineering best practices: git, agile/kanban methodologies, code documentation Experience designing relational databases/ERDs (nice to have) Experience running ML algorithms in AWS or similar platforms (nice to have) Experience working or interning on the data science team at another high performing company (nice to have) CONTACT: Our company is head-quartered in Houston, TX but has employees in Austin, NYC and in Philadelphia. In light of current conditions, we are open to hiring remotely at first provided you can work on Eastern Standard Time, and can then relocate to one of our Texas locations. If interested please reach out ASAP - moving quickly. We are an equal opportunity employer. Darwin Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Machine Learning Data Scientist Customer Segmentation/Prediction/Optimisation/NLP/Data Analysis/ML Zurich Python/R/SQL/AWS/Docker/Kubernetes/Git English Speaking** EU Citizens and Swiss Nationals only based on Swiss Law Are you a creative thinker, problem solver and thrive from fast-paced innovative and dynamic data science environments? Seeking a Machine Learning Data Scientist, who is an out-of-the-box thinker and able to work on large complex datasets inside a production ready environment embedded inside a strong data analytical team. This cultural and educational business set teamwork, open-mindedness and communication at the heart of what they do. You will be using predictive analytics and data analysis to drive business decisions and gain valuable insights to make a direct impact on the company and team that you are support extremely fast; from initial research phase, conception and through to full scale production in a timescale of anywhere from 2-6 weeks. The projects themselves concentrate on: Predictive Analytics: Customer Prediction, Segmentation and Optimisation projects using Deep Learning techniques through to NLP/semantic search and Data Analysis and Machine Learning related projects. Tech focus: Machine Learning: Python/R Data Analysis: Python, SQL Software Development: Git, Docker, Kubernetes, AWS Project focus: Customer Value/Segmentation/Prediction and Optimisation Machine Learning NLP- Semantic related Data Analysis You will be joined by your agile, multi-cultural, motivated and truly passionate Data unit consisting of Data Engineers and Analysts, working in flat hierarchies you will report directly into the Head of Product. There is huge opportunity for career progression and for this to move into a leadership role based on the autonomy of your position and work that you will be responsible for. If you would like to discuss, please send your CV and earliest call availability as soon as possible to: Rebecca.Newson@darwinrecruitment.com PLEASE NOTE: This role is urgent, and interviews will take place in the next week, therefore please only apply to this position if you can commit to the interview process. Earlier start dates would be advantageous. Darwin Recruitment AG is a Zurich based, SECO licensed, privately owned subsidiary of Darwin Professional Staffing Group Ltd (a Global IT Recruitment Consultancy). Darwin Recruitment AG manages client relationships whilst also utilising Darwin Professional Staffing Group databases and networks to source Candidates and fulfil client requests. We do not ask for a placement fee from Candidates/Employees.