Lead Business Intelligence Software Engineer
Zürich, Switzerland , Swiss Franc850.00 - Swiss Franc875.00 per annum
2019-05-07 14:28:22 +0100
We are currently looking for a Lead Business Intelligence Software Engineer. The platform team (~15 engineers) designs, owns and supports all shared components and especially the frameworks. The project is a multi-year Finance Transformation project, greenfield on MS azure with both cloud-native and legacy components.
- Design and implement a large scale BI system
- Propose new concepts/technologies and conduct PoCs
- Discover requirements by actively interacting with the end users (business)
- Evaluate vendor and hosting solutions holistically using meaningful KPIs
- Prototype creative solutions quickly by developing minimum viable products
- Design, develop and maintain all components of the BI framework
- Communicate and work effectively
- Resolve problems and roadblocks as they occur with peers. Follow through on details and drive issues to closure
- Define, develop and maintain artifacts like technical design and architecture diagrams
- Implement CI/CD pipelines and follow infrastructure as code paradigm
- Support and troubleshoot system issues as needed
- Degree in software engineering, computer science, informatics or a similar field.
- Meaningful work experience in reporting on large data volume
- Experience in designing and implementing service oriented architectures
- Solid server-side programming skills (eg Python, Java)
- Strong experience with cloud computing platforms (MS Azure, Kubernetes, Docker).
- Experience with microservice architecture, and design.
- Working experience with Apache Open Source Software, e.g. Cassandra, Hadoop
- Solid knowledge of Linux, Unix incl (Bash)-scripting
- Experience working in DevOps team
- Strong openness towards R&D, affinity to fast paced work environment
- Embrace fail fast work-style, excellence in communication of decision making to non-experts
- Strong focus on delivery and execution
WHAT'S HAPPENING NEAR YOU?
We understand that our network is the most important asset to our business, so we truly value recommendations. If you have a friend who is looking to take the next step in their career, let us know and we can help them.We have an excellent range of prizes to choose from.
Please note that your recommendation must be working in a position we place them in for a minimum of 3 months for a permanent role, or 1 month for a contract role