Lead Business Intelligence Software Engineer
Zürich, Switzerland , Swiss Franc850.00 - Swiss Franc875.00 per annum
2019-05-07 14:28:22 +0100
We are currently looking for a Lead Business Intelligence Software Engineer. The platform team (~15 engineers) designs, owns and supports all shared components and especially the frameworks. The project is a multi-year Finance Transformation project, greenfield on MS azure with both cloud-native and legacy components.
- Design and implement a large scale BI system
- Propose new concepts/technologies and conduct PoCs
- Discover requirements by actively interacting with the end users (business)
- Evaluate vendor and hosting solutions holistically using meaningful KPIs
- Prototype creative solutions quickly by developing minimum viable products
- Design, develop and maintain all components of the BI framework
- Communicate and work effectively
- Resolve problems and roadblocks as they occur with peers. Follow through on details and drive issues to closure
- Define, develop and maintain artifacts like technical design and architecture diagrams
- Implement CI/CD pipelines and follow infrastructure as code paradigm
- Support and troubleshoot system issues as needed
- Degree in software engineering, computer science, informatics or a similar field.
- Meaningful work experience in reporting on large data volume
- Experience in designing and implementing service oriented architectures
- Solid server-side programming skills (eg Python, Java)
- Strong experience with cloud computing platforms (MS Azure, Kubernetes, Docker).
- Experience with microservice architecture, and design.
- Working experience with Apache Open Source Software, e.g. Cassandra, Hadoop
- Solid knowledge of Linux, Unix incl (Bash)-scripting
- Experience working in DevOps team
- Strong openness towards R&D, affinity to fast paced work environment
- Embrace fail fast work-style, excellence in communication of decision making to non-experts
- Strong focus on delivery and execution
Managing This Role
Since starting as a Trainee Consultant in 2010, I have worked in positions such as Consultant, Senior Consultant, Team Leader and in recent years, working as Darwin's first Part...Ashley's Full Bio