Junior SysAdmin / DevOps
Basel-Country, Switzerland , Swiss Franc80000.00 - Swiss Franc90000.00 per annum
2019-04-01 14:41:08 +0100
A family-focused Swiss full-service web agency with core competencies including e-commerce, web applications and corporate websites based in a convenient location in Basel.
Are you interested in working for a leading Swiss full-service web agency? Are you a Junior SysAdmin looking for a chance to grow in your career and learn new DevOps skills? If so, this could be the right role for you.
Founded in 1997, with over 40 employees they are now looking to take the next steps to expand their current top-class IT team. To do this they are looking to bring on a Junior SysAdmin with either a basic understanding or DevOps or a desire to move more into the DevOps world. The end goal of this position is to train up a future senior and lead SysAdmin/DevOps Engineer to carry the team - offering excellent career progression.
As the right candidate for this role, you have:
- 1-2 years of experience as a SysAdmin
- A very good understanding of Linux operating systems (eg: Debian, Ubuntu)
- Good knowledge of hosting environments (eg: Apache, Nginx, MySQL, Varnish, PHP, etc)
- An understanding of virtualisation solutions (eg: VMware, Docker, KVM)
- A solution-oriented mindset
- Excellent analytical and communicative skills
- Some experience with configuration management tools such as Chef, Ansible or Puppet
- Passionate about building a career in SysAdmin and DevOps and are eager to learn
- Highly interested in working in a Linux environment
- Looking for a challenge and a chance to learn
- Fluent in German and English
- A Swiss or EU National
- Assistance in maintaining the hosting infrastructure (Linux)
- Analyze and fix problems during operation
- Problem-solving at the system level around the operation of web applications (TYPO3 / Magento)
- Network Administration & VPN Administration (IPSec, OpenVPN)
- Learning directly from the Senior SysAdmin in office to grow your skills
- Learning DevOps skills from the Development team off-shore via workshops
- Full-service agency with a focus in e-commerce, corporate websites and web applications
- 2 co-founders still working in the business
- Around 40 employees - including off-shore teams
- 2 local Swiss offices
- Over 20 years in the business
- Family-oriented business with active promotion of a good work/life balance
- Exciting and innovative projects
- A collegial, creative and committed team
- A company structure with a flat hierarchy
- Excellent career growth
- Learning & Development opportunities
- Chance to work with more experienced team members
- Possibility for HomeOffice, drinks for free and even a TGIF beer
If you meet the above requirements, please get in contact ASAP to discuss further.
WHAT'S HAPPENING NEAR YOU?
We understand that our network is the most important asset to our business, so we truly value recommendations. If you have a friend who is looking to take the next step in their career, let us know and we can help them.We have an excellent range of prizes to choose from.
Please note that your recommendation must be working in a position we place them in for a minimum of 3 months for a permanent role, or 1 month for a contract role