WE SPECIALISE IN FINDING FANTASTIC OPPORTUNITIES
FOR DIGITAL AND DATA SPECIALISTS WITH THE MOST INNOVATIVE BUSINESS ACROSS EUROPE AND THE USA.
Amsterdam, North Holland
€440.00 - €480.00 per day
over 1 year ago
The leading telecom company in Europe is looking for a developer for the new video ecosystem (over the top app, settop-box and Backoffice), including many applications supporting advanced video delivery services across multiple countries. The development is based on continuous integration and Agile methodology, leveraging cloud and SDN technologies in our private cloud.
- This role is a key delivery position responsible for the Technology & Media Delivery implementation of Entertainment Products & Services across LG's 12 EU countries.
- Works independently on assigned components as component owner with all Video and Media delivery systems vendors
- Write and manage test cases towards test/release management
- Actively participate and coordinate tests to verify new platform / component functionality
- Assist affiliates in setting up operational procedures to run/implement new functionality
- Provides knowledge transfer
- Provides handover documentation
Education & Qualifications:
- MSc degree level in a relevant area (network-, communications- or consumer electronics engineering
- Fluent spoken and written English
Knowledge & Experience:
- Some years of professional software development experience with front-end development and an emphasis on programming.
- Node.js (7), NPM
- Practical knowledge of some frameworks and libraries like Backbone.js, Lodash/Underscore.js, ReactJS, LESS, SASS, Angular.js, etc.
- Well-versed in fundamental visual and UX design skills including responsive design.
- Excellent debugging and problem solving skills
- Strive to use web standards to build solutions using semantic mark-up and CSS.
- Understanding of major browsers and the special considerations for their quirks and performance limitations. This should include some experience with progressive enhancement for mobile browsers.
- Understanding of animation techniques. In-depth understanding of CSS3 animations.
- Familiarity with server-side technologies and back-end frameworks
- Comfortable with version control software (Git, Gerrit)
- Familiar with issue/development tracking products like Atlassian Jira.
- Self-motivated and proactive in the working environment. A proven ability to work with speed, decisiveness and accuracy to tight deadlines. A willingness work under pressure, while being able to move with changes in the underlying environment, whether these be business or technical.
- Good communication skills; good English.