Java / Big Data Developer - Stockholm
Stockholm, Sweden , 45000.00kr - 60000.00kr per annum
2019-05-22 17:13:35 +0100
Back-end, Java, Scala, Data Engineering
Would you like to be a major part in building state-of-the-art platforms based on cutting-edge technology and architecture?
I am partnered with an industry-changing company who are looking for a Java Developer with experience in building high-performing and scalable applications that handle massive amounts of transactions. You will be part of a professional backend team and continue to create and develop solutions that make the company tick.
What do they offer?
They offer a stimulating work environment with a mixture of work tasks which you greatly influence. The working environment is creative and passionate where their flat-organisational structure promotes communication and the sharing of ideas. Together, we believe that you are used to finding answers and solutions to problems on your own and take your own initiatives in solving problems and being creative. You will be in an environment where the business is important, but enjoyment and balance of life is encouraged and recognised.
- Building a low-latency, high frequency system that collects massive amounts of user events online.
- Write cutting-edge software for real-time analysis of events for the core business.
- Continuously strive for improvement within their agile process and collaboration with the rest of the team.
What do you need?
- A degree in Computer Science or related field of study.
- 3+ years of professional experience from Java with an interest in learning Big Data technologies.
- Familiar with designing and building distributed & scalable systems and enjoy seeing millions of users run your code.
- Comfortable running on Linux with knowledge of SQL.
- Have an eye for quality engineering practices such as automated testing.
Beneficial if you have experience with:
- Languages such as Python, Scala, Go etc.
- Hadoop, Spark, Kafka and Elasticsearch.
- Machine Learning tools.
Joining the team now gives you a great opportunity to influence what the future of their technology stack will look like. In short, you will be part of a high performing team working with their most important asset using the very latest technology to support massive volumes of data and transactions at a very high speed.
If this is something you are interested in, please get in contact with email@example.com or apply below!
WHAT'S HAPPENING NEAR YOU?
We understand that our network is the most important asset to our business, so we truly value recommendations. If you have a friend who is looking to take the next step in their career, let us know and we can help them.We have an excellent range of prizes to choose from.
Please note that your recommendation must be working in a position we place them in for a minimum of 3 months for a permanent role, or 1 month for a contract role