IP Network Engineer
Amsterdam, North Holland , €380 - €410 per day
2018-04-20 08:33:21 +0100
We are currently looking for a Senior Network Engineer (IP Engineer) for the CN&O department within Core.
With a FTE Technical Lead on the Horizon/OBO projects there are too many distractions from BAU video cache upgrades being required. As part of moving the T&I organisation forward for the Core Networks Engineering team, support is needed to provide additional resource on the Horizon project to offload and template some tasks to free up the Technical Lead to ensure the overarching programme of works is not delayed.
* Strong knowledge of IP Networks and relevant design (CCIE or JNCIE is a plus).
* Strong knowledge of high end Juniper and Cisco platforms (MX and ASR series).
* Proven solid experience in high-scale IP networks - BGP, MPLS, QoS, OSPF, ISIS, Multicast etc.
* Experience with the transport of video encoders a benefit.
* Good experience with network monitoring, reporting and planning tools.
* Experience with Netconf & Yang models as plus.
* Used to work with the Microsoft Windows and Office Suite.
* Fluent in spoken and written English.
* Good interpersonal skills, able communicator
* Team player.
* Experience in multinational and multicultural environments.
* Bachelor degree in Information Technology or Computer/Electrical Engineering or equivalent industry experience.
* 10 years of overall experience in designing and engineering complex large scale IP networks.
Technology - Network - Engineer (T10)
Senior: Supervisory/advisory role; Highly specific skillset or technical training; Advanced educational credentials required; Greater prior experience in this role (5+ years)
Summary: Responsible for designing, installing, and supporting LANs, WANs, network segments, Internet, and intranet systems.
Education/Experience: Bachelor's Degree in IT or other technical studies
Skills and Competencies: Network performance optimization; LAN/WAN knowledge; network design and implementation; CISCO certificate is a plus
Major Job Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Design, install, and maintain network hardware and software (LANs, WANs, network segments, Internet, and intranet systems).
2. Monitor networks to ensure security and availability to specific users.
3. Determine network and system requirements.
4. Maintain integrity of the network, server deployment, and security.
5. Ensure network connectivity throughout a company's LAN/WAN infrastructure is on par with technical considerations.
6. Maintain network facilities in individual machines, such as drivers and settings of personal computers as well as printers, and in network servers such as file servers, VPNgateways, intrusion detection systems.
Managing This Role
Muhammad Fawad Javaid
Being a goal-oriented, industrious and a persistent sales professional, I joined Darwin Recruitment a couple months ago. I joined with 5+ years of sales experience, 2 years in I...Muhammad's Full Bio