Amsterdam, North Holland
Up to €550.00 per annum
about 2 months ago
The role is a key integration position responsible for the Technology service implementation of Entertainment Products & Services.
This individual will be the go-to service & technology integration contact for our Products organization for both in-flight product developments and our overall technology strategy to support growth and customer proposition plans around the Entertainment portfolio.
This role is pivotal in bringing together E2E products and services at the integration activity level, including drawing in IT, Core, Access, Mobile & Technology groups such that we build a compelling and differentiated service across the entire customer journey, not just the core product functionality, with built-in quality, robustness and operational excellence instrumentation and operating model design.
This role must also focus on achieving wider Technology objectives around scale, cost efficiency, speed to market and quality.
The role is accountable for E2E Integration projects and services through their technology delivery and operations lifecycle ensuring the timely delivery of technically ready products and services that can be taken to market in countries across Liberty Global's footprint.
- Perform E2E System Integration activities
- Technical solution delivery to field trials
- Has engineering expertise to contribute to E2E design
- Investigate issues and coordinates resolution of issues and defects within technology and with external vendors
- Where necessary, engages in hands-on support for project activities
- Support Service transition and QA Team on the investigation of P1 issues
Preferred education/ qualifications:
- MSc degree level in a relevant area (network-, communications- or consumer electronics engineering, …)
- Fluent spoken and written English - ideally other European languages
Knowledge & Experience:
- At least 5 years of experience in the cable, satellite or telco industry
- At least 5 years of experience in End-to-End System Integration of B2C video services
- At least 5 of experience and knowledge of CATV technologies, STB and DTV Middleware platforms and Video Delivery technologies
- At least 5 years of experience with working in an international and distributed team environment
- At least 5 years of experience in delivery management of large Pan-European B2C implementation programs, with extensive knowledge and experience of technology development and delivery management methodologies
- An understanding of Entertainment B2C services from commercial & content side, the product development process
- Deep understanding of entertainment technology & ecosystem, from CPE hardware and software to service platforms, user interfaces, apps, and media acquisition/management, processing, and distribution, and end-to-end content protection and security
- Wide understanding of IP and broadcast networking as well as data center infrastructure
- Strong overall understanding of the technologies and platforms specific to a large cable and telecommunications operator.
- Strong technical knowledge and integration experience around CPE hardware and software, Video encoding/transcoding, CAS, DRM, Video back-ends, workflows, CMS, security services, Search & Recommendations, Application Services, CDN, Ad Insertion, broadband data, home networking, TV, VoD, PVR, Access technology, and Internet technology related.
- Good overall knowledge/familiarity with telecommunications technologies, including Ethernet, IP, broadcast, transmission as well as most current IP communication protocols
- Good knowledge/familiarity with Audio and Video coding/decoding technologies
- Good knowledge/familiarity with related IT systems (OSS & BSS), especially TR-069 and SNMP based CPE Management.
Skills & Abilities:
- Effective executive-level has written, verbal and presentation & communication skills
- Takes responsibility & feels accountable for own and team actions
- Is a strong team player
- Is as self-starter
- Creates an esprit de corps within his/her teams and constantly encourages teamwork
- Is confident and a credible influencer, able to command respect
- Is self-disciplined and enforces discipline within his/her teams in terms of processes and work ethics
- Must be able to work under pressure and be prepared to work outside normal working hours when necessary
- Ability to bring clarity to ambiguous situations and to act decisively
- Strong interpersonal skills to broadly influence and effectively forge partnerships both internally and externally
- Has a systematic, disciplined, and analytical approach to problem-solving
- Ability to be supportive, consultative and collaborative and to work effectively across national boundaries
- Ability to quickly understand business objectives and to recognize and capitalize on market opportunities
- An analytical, numerate mind able to present business cases with clarity
- A technical aptitude to understand product features and functions
- Self-motivated with the ability to continually self-monitor & develop
- Self-motivated and proactive in the working environment; proven ability to work with speed and accuracy to deadlines is essential
- The ability to build relationships and convey authority when needed at all levels in order to resolve conflicts and maintain direction
- At ease and effective in operating in an international working environment