Head of Software Development
Zürich, Switzerland , Swiss Franc250000 - Swiss Franc300000.00 per annum
2018-12-21 14:06:36 +0000
Second largest multinational professional services network in the world. 3,200 employees from 72 countries. Diverse office environment. Innovative and modern in thought and location. Flexible working and further education supported.
Are you interested in working with one of the largest digital networks in the world? Do you have the skills to work across a wide range of industry projects from Retail to Energy, to Health, Hospitality, and Telecommunications? Have you had 5+ years experience as Head of Software Development and are looking for a new challenge in central Zurich?
Our client is one of the Big Four auditors and the second largest professional services firm in the world. In Switzerland alone, they employ 3,200 talented people from 72 countries and value diversity and multi-culturalism. They have a huge network of clients in the industries of Retail, Energy, Finance, Health, Pharmaceuticals, Sports, Hospitality, Telecommunications, Public and Processing.
In this business, you will have two roles-
Technology Leader for the Digital Centre and Head of Software Development for the Swiss branch of the business.
The challenges you will face in these roles include:
As Technology Leader:
- You lead and take responsibility for the technical solutions and agile software development.
- You shape and design solutions & technical architecture and contribute to the strategy and growth of the digital business.
- You are the technical delivery leader, taking care of the local team (10-15 people) and deliver high-quality work with and across multi-location teams.
- You are a thought leader and can convincingly articulate points of views about emerging technologies and related opportunities and challenges.
- You are client facing, able to engage with conviction, expertise, and passion in client interactions and projects.
- You create personal networks within the market.
- You participate in technical leadership discussions within both the European and wider network.
- You act as a colleague and coach to software engineers and other technical experts, supporting them in their professional and personal development.
As Head of Software Development:
- You define software development strategies, including development standards and maintaining those standards and the target operating model for the business in collaboration with all Lines of Services and support functions.
- You lead the custom-built software development process and governance across all our Lines of Service.
- You define guidelines to ensure quality, consistency and synergies.
- Regularly maintain and update standards based on industry standards and compliance with new regulations.
- You align the priorities and requirements of the business with their international network in Europe and beyond.
- You have more than 7 years of expertise in working in a consulting, agency or corporate environment.
- You are experienced in leading teams with local, near- and off-shore teams.
- You have a successful track record as technical leader in agile software development projects.
- You are an expert when it comes to emerging technologies.
- You are client focused with strong analytical and interpersonal skills.
- You are a strong communicator, learn from others, believe in lifelong learning and are eager to grow.
- You have a network you can leverage to create new opportunities, foster innovative solution finding and enjoy co-creating directly with clients to build ideas that may change the world.
- You are fluent in German and English.
- You are a Swiss or EU National.
- One of the largest digital networks in the world
- Multi-national, headquartered in London with an office in central Zurich
- 3,200 employees from 72 countries in the Zurich office
- Defines and lives the values that shape the company: Personal and Professional, Economic and Ecological, Social and Ethical
- Diverse workforce and client base
- Young environment and space to bring ideas
- Completely redesigned work environment
- Relocation package and flights to interview paid for (if from outside of Switzerland)
- Bonus scheme offered on top of salary
- Mobile phone package paid for
- Flexible working
- 5 weeks vacation
- 9% of the companies revenue is invested in to training and further education/development of their staff
- Numerous staffing events fully paid for
If you meet the above requirements, please get in contact ASAP to discuss further.
Managing This Role
My name is Megan and I am a Delivery Consultant for the Swiss Market. I specialise in permanent placements within PHP development. Working alongside my account manager Laura Can...Megan's Full Bio