WE SPECIALISE IN FINDING FANTASTIC OPPORTUNITIES
FOR DIGITAL AND DATA SPECIALISTS WITH THE MOST INNOVATIVE BUSINESS ACROSS EUROPE AND THE USA.
Swiss Franc110000.00 - Swiss Franc140000.00 per annum
about 1 month ago
Privately and independently owned company working in the heart of Bern for the last 37 years. SME owned by its employees for its employees. Leaders in weather, climate, environment, and IT science.
Are you looking to join an SME with a focus on environmental, climate and geodata? Do you want to join an agile company who develop their projects and services alongside current trends and issues? Do you want to be part of a company that invests its profits in further developments and shared with employees and shareholders? Are you eager to work for a company whose most important assets are their employees?
Our client is a leading company in weather, climate environment and IT science, characterised by a high customer focus, expertise and technical competence. They have financial and professional independence which forms their basis as a neutral service provider. They value individuality and team spirit, sustainable entrepreneurship, putting the needs of their customers at the forefront of their work and environmental awareness. They provide a wide range of solutions from weather forecasts, air quality and emission maps, ice forecasts, solar energy and climate assessments, weather stations, energy yield and data management.
They are looking for a Head of IT to join their team in central Bern. As the right candidate for this position, you have:
- Educational background as a Computer Scientist.
- In-depth knowledge of Ubuntu, Nginx, Proxmox, Docker/Podman, Ansible/AWX, Zabbix, Git, Gitlab CI, Python, and Jira.
- Several years of professional experience as a DevOps Engineer and Systems administrator on a Linux basis.
- Personal and professional management experience.
- Previous experience in integrating experts from different areas and working out and implementing optimised solutions with them.
- A strategic and entrepreneurial mindset, responsibility and quality awareness, good communication, criticism, and team skills.
- Able to lead teams efficiently and effectively.
- Able to reach fast decisions with plans in place.
- Interested in working with weather, environment, and geodata
- Fluent in German/Swiss German
- As the Head of IT, you take on responsibility for personnel and coordinate the work of the IT team.
- You are responsible for the analysis of business requirements and the strategic alignment of all IT teams and projects.
- Establish a tailor-made DevOps that takes quality requirements and resources into account.
- Support the companies agility in the market.
- Working closely with all developers by helping them find efficient and robust solutions for the operation of numerous data API and web apps.
- Leading the definition and implementation of processes and tools in the area of automated server and hosting provisioning, CI/CD, containerisation and scaling.
- Located in central Bern
- Founded in 1981
- One of the most experienced service providers for weather, climate and environmental data in Europe
- The team made up of 35 scientists, engineers, and computer scientists.
- Committed to environmental concerns since it was founded
- Set up one of the first wind power plants in Switzerland
- 'GreenIT' focus - web servers are located in a computing center which is operated 100% with CO2
- free hydropower
- Member of NEUE ENERGIE Bern
- Half of the electricity used by the company is supplied by their own photovoltaic system located in the office building
- Open choice of your development environment (OS, Editor/IDE)
- Quiet office space with plenty of space in company building
- Agile work environment
- A dynamic and talented team
- Working time models are flexible with above-average social benefits
- 100% ownership of the company by the employees
- Profits invested in further developments with employee and shareholder involvement
If you meet the above requirements, please get in contact ASAP to discuss further.