Head of Engineering
Zürich, Switzerland , Swiss Franc150000.00 - Swiss Franc200000.00 per annum
2019-01-29 14:55:40 +0000
Second largest multinational professional services network in the world. 3,200 employees from 72 countries. Diverse office environment. Innovative and modern in thought and location. Flexible working and further education supported.
Are you interested in working with one of the largest digital networks in the world? Do you have the skills to work across a wide range of industry projects from Retail to Energy, to Health, Hospitality, and Telecommunications? Have you had 5+ years experience as Head of Engineering and are looking for a new challenge in central Zurich?
Our client is one of the Big Four auditors and the second largest professional services firm in the world. In Switzerland alone, they employ 3,200 talented people from 72 countries and value diversity and multi-culturalism. They have a huge network of clients in the industries of Retail, Energy, Finance, Health, Pharmaceuticals, Sports, Hospitality, Telecommunications, Public and Processing.
The challenges you will face in this Head of Engineering role are:
- You lead a team of workstation, server, storage, and external network engineers
- You are, and act as, part of the advanced IT leadership team.
- You continue to develop the methodology, service and tooling skills of your team
- In all endeavors, you will be working closely with your local and global colleagues
- You make sure that our solutions meet the high business requirements for modern IT solutions in cooperation with international engineering colleagues
- You design solutions with your team and our external partners and get involved in a number of local and international projects
- You work in an inspirational team, receive regular feedback from colleagues and supervisors, and have access to world-class training in personality and method development, as well as technical know-how.
- You have several years of experience in a similar position
- You have in-depth experience in engineering design, methodology and leadership of an engineering team and external IT service providers
- The range of services of an internal engineering department is well known to you
- You have methodical and conceptual knowledge to question existing solutions and are be able to define new, modern solutions.
- You have several years of experience in IT engineering
- You are able to lead a team of internal specialists as well as external service providers
- You are a self-reliant, communicative and service-minded
- You have strong entrepreneurial thinking and analytical and conceptual skills
- You do not shy away from taking on responsibility
- You are used to working with a range of international colleagues and you are not averse to taking on international assignments
- You enjoy working on different tasks at the same time
- Your structured way of working makes you able to keep a strong overview and knowledge of multiple projects
- You are ready to take responsibility right from the start
- You are fluent in German and English.
- You are a Swiss or EU National.
- One of the largest digital networks in the world
- Multi-national, headquartered in London with an office in central Zurich
- 3,200 employees from 72 countries in the Zurich office
- Defines and lives the values that shape the company: Personal and Professional, Economic and Ecological, Social and Ethical
- Diverse workforce and client base
- Young environment and space to bring ideas
- Completely redesigned work environment
- Relocation package and flights to interview paid for (if from outside of Switzerland)
- Bonus scheme offered on top of salary
- Mobile phone package paid for
- Flexible working
- 5 weeks vacation
- 9% of the companies revenue is invested in to training and further education/development of their staff
- Numerous staffing events fully paid for
If you meet the above requirements, please get in contact ASAP to discuss further.
WHAT'S HAPPENING NEAR YOU?
We understand that our network is the most important asset to our business, so we truly value recommendations. If you have a friend who is looking to take the next step in their career, let us know and we can help them.We have an excellent range of prizes to choose from.
Please note that your recommendation must be working in a position we place them in for a minimum of 3 months for a permanent role, or 1 month for a contract role