Berlin (10829), Berlin , €65000 - €70000.00 per annum
2019-06-05 15:13:44 +0100
I am currently hiring for a client of mine based in Berlin that are currently looking to continue building their already successful backend development team with new Software engineers to contribute to the core platform.
This position will be working for an organisation in Berlin that are working on algorithms to revolutionize the IT staffing market with an automated tech approach to matching clients with freelancers. Currently the platform needs a facelift, the team is reworking its system towards Golang based SOA. You will be responsible for gathering the requirements of the stakeholders and reworking the entire architecture of this new system, innovation is not just a buzzword here, it's a requirement.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING TO THE TABLE:
- Bachelor degree in computer science or any related field
- Software development experience in at least 2 of the following languages (GoLang, PHP, Java, NodeJS, Scala, Python, C++, R)
- Knowledge of CS fundamentals, Data structures, UML, Algorithms, Object Oriented & System analysis and design
- Experience using CI/CD, git, Docker
- Familiar in at least two programming paradigm out of (Imperative, Functional, Object Oriented)
- Experience using both relational and non-relational databases (preferably PostgreSQL, ElasticSearch, Cassandra)
- Self-motivated, proactive, desire to work in a diverse, collaborative and multi-national team
- Depth skills and experience building microservices, N-Layer design patterns and orchestration of such systems
- Excellent problem solving & analysis techniques
- Experience working in Agile (Scrum, Kanban) environment
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Full ownership & responsibility from day one and a very steep learning curve
- Regular feedback sessions with our Founders/CTO and career development support
- An agile, ambitious, and very helpful team with a flat hierarchy
- An office in the heart of Berlin with daily free fruits, cereals and drinks
- Free fitness studio in the office plus Urban Sports Club membership
- Regular team events
This is a huge benefit:
- Experience using gRPC, protocol buffers and distributed systems
- Experience developing complex reusable modular components in Golang/C
- Experience with kubernetes and cloud providers is a plus
- Depth skills and experience using and implementing OAuth2
- Excellent knowledge in *nix systems
WHAT'S HAPPENING NEAR YOU?
We understand that our network is the most important asset to our business, so we truly value recommendations. If you have a friend who is looking to take the next step in their career, let us know and we can help them.We have an excellent range of prizes to choose from.
Please note that your recommendation must be working in a position we place them in for a minimum of 3 months for a permanent role, or 1 month for a contract role