Our mission is to aid the Category, Pricing & Vendor team by design, and develop world-class system prototypes helping them to win long-term customer trust, business growth, and profitability. This role will give you the chance to use your deep technical expertise to accelerate the adoption of the very best engineering practices, while maintaining knowledge on industry innovations, trends, and practices. You will help drive innovation, scalability, light-weight integrations and maintainability while collaborating with our internal engineering/IT teams.
Candidate should have the following tech stack:
- Java stack - spring boot framework, Kotlin and Typescript (write services and API's)
- Kafka, Kinesis - Event Driven Systems
- Node.JS - a Must (APIs written in Node) & Typescript
- No SQL, Mongo DB, Postgres
What You will Do:
- Develop System / Component prototypes (front & back end both) and APIs (Interact with the full application stack) for a rapidly scaling platform for vendor management, while ensuring successful product delivery and operational excellence. This will be largely greenfield application development. The tech stack is primarily node.js, typescript, react & java microservices.
- Design, develop and implement large-scale distributed systems prototypes with large volumes of data, focusing on scalability, latency, and resiliency
- Prototype and develop new customer experiences for internal partners and external vendor applications with web technologies
- Design and build responsive, accessible and performant UX components for mobile and desktop web experiences
- Articulate and evangelize software engineering principles with engineering teams to ensure that prototype components align with overall IT direction
- Develop cloud native designs and implementation within public clouds, primarily AWS
- Review code, implementation and provide meaningful feedback that helps other prototype engineers to build better prototypes
- Experience in using DevOps principles and techniques to delivery high quality software prototypes with the least technical debt possible
What You will Need:
- Candidate possess a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or related field, or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of experience creating modern web experiences across devices
- Project experience using React, Angular, Vue.JS or similar frameworks and/or libraries
- Working experience with distributed SCM (GitHub a plus), DevOps, AWS
- Experience integrating with lightweight middleware technologies, integration patterns, microservices
- Proficient demonstration of SQL knowledge
- Track record of taking ownership and driving results in a data-driven, fast-paced environment
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, strong analytical skills, and ability to deal with ambiguity in a rapidly evolving business environment
· Understanding of testing automation, including the building of scrappy coding/automation for testing code faster
- Experience in Retail, E-Commerce or Technology Industry, Merchandising & Vendor Management focus a plus
- Strong engineering background building Products/prototypes that are E-Commerce scale
Darwin Recruitment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
SUBMIT YOUR CV
VUE.Js Developer Up to 80K
Apply Now I am looking for a FrontEnd (Vue) Developer Up to 80K Applicants must be leaving in the Netherlands...
Software Engineer (Front End)
Apply Now I'm looking for someone who wants to join the IT department and work in a passionate and professional...
Senior Front-End Engineer UP to 85K
USE OUR ONLINE PLATFORM TO ACCESS ALL THE INSIGHTS THAT YOU NEED...
• Salaries; split by technology and seniority level.
• Time to hire; how long it takes to secure and start a new role, or source and hire talent.
• The average tenure of professionals per tech specialism.
• Gender split per location and tech specialism.
• Fastest growing skills per tech specialism.