WE SPECIALISE IN FINDING FANTASTIC OPPORTUNITIES
FOR DIGITAL AND DATA SPECIALISTS WITH THE MOST INNOVATIVE BUSINESS ACROSS EUROPE AND THE USA.
New York, USA
4 months ago
- Work within a cross-functional, hybrid team of 3-6 engineers consisting of both client and 28Stone resources to re-build/re-platform a set of standardized tools, infrastructure and data/business services to support a wide range of applications for a large investment management firm.
- Leadership and responsibility for technical architecture, including reliability, resilience, and scalability of the platform.
- Influence and drive engineering and architecture best practices and standards within the team and wider organization, along with a culture of quality, innovation, and experimentation.
- Work with and manage a small team of remote resources working in a different time zone.
- Self-learner and team player with excellent problem-solving and communication skills.
- An ability and desire to help other teammates grow through mentorship and coaching.
- Strong programming experience with Java and related frameworks (e.g. Spring/Spring Boot) is required.
- Knowledge of enterprise design patterns is required.
- Knowledge of enterprise software development best practices such as version control (preferably git), ticketing, and continuous integration systems is required.
- Experience with event-based/messaging architectures (e.g. Kafka) is required.
- Strong understanding of relational database technology, working with at least one of the major databases platforms (Oracle, SQLServer, Teradata, MySQL, Postgres) is required.
- Experience with one or more cloud based MPP databases (e.g. Redshift, Synapse, Big Query, Snowflake) is strongly preferred.
- Experience with microservices and REST/Ajax is strongly preferred.
- Experience with *nix, Docker and Jenkins is strongly preferred.
- Experience with Python is not required but would be a plus to understanding existing legacy codebase.
- Fintech/capital markets experience is a plus, but not required.
Darwin Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.