WE SPECIALISE IN FINDING FANTASTIC OPPORTUNITIES
FOR DIGITAL AND DATA SPECIALISTS WITH THE MOST INNOVATIVE BUSINESS ACROSS EUROPE AND THE USA.
500000.00kr - 850000.00kr per annum
29 days ago
Do you want to be part of an international and innovative team, and help bring to market a must-have open-source software product to connected devices and the Internet of Things?
Are you self-driven and smart? Do you have ambitions to make a difference? We seek a product life-cycle developer (designing, implementing, documenting, testing, maintaining and supporting).
In this position, you will:
- Research development tasks from low- to high-level
- Estimate resources and time needed to finish a task
- Develop tasks as defined in planning meetings
- Collaborate closely with UX, client, and backend engineers
- Present new code created to the team bi-weekly
- Document new code and ensure that documentation is published in due time
- Write acceptance and integration tests for all new code
- Provide support to external and internal customers
- Debug and fix issues relating to own code
- Provide technical expertise for planning new features and improvements
Required skills and experience.
- You have at least 2-5 years of engineering experience
- Some backend web programming experience at scale (git, RESTful APIs, HTTP)
Desired Skills and experience
- MSc. in Engineering, Information Technology, or similar
- Experience with JS frameworks such as React.js, Angular
- Experience working with UI frameworks like Bootstrap
- Knowledge of CSS preprocessors like SASS or LESS
- Experience with RESTful APIs
- Experience using build tools such as Gulp/grunt/webpack
- Experience with various testing tools and frameworks and CI/CD knowledge
- You have previously implemented scalable frontend and backend web applications
- Some Golang experience or a willingness and ability to learn
- Experience with MongoDB or other NoSQL databases
- Experience with developing hosted or cloud products
- You are security and quality-minded (you have experience with test-driven development)
- Experience working in distributed agile teams
Darwin Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
***Required: A new Senior Frontend Developer to work on a checkout rebuild from scratch*** If you've got a background in selecting the appropriate technology for the challenge you face then you could be exactly what we're looking for. Interested? Then read on... ---- Tell me more about the role... You will be primarily accountable for rebuilding the frontend of a brand new checkout from scratch. That means owning the frontend architecture as well as the implementation. Working in the company's Cologne office for part of the week, and from home for the rest of it, you'll report to the CTO and will be tasked with the following: - Deciding the most appropriate frontend technology to utilise - Guiding a junior-mid level Frontend Developer to help in your work - Working with the CTO to challenge your ideas and thinking - Understanding what the users really need and how that translates to new features ---- What experience do I need? We're searching for someone who is comfortable working in a fast iterative way when building something new. Plus, you'll need some experience of writing code that others can easily read and understand. In addition, you'll need the following: - Know-how in one of the major frontend frameworks (React,Vue or Angular) - Experience building frontends that work at large-scale under high-traffic - Good English language skills We need you to be able to handle a high degree of autonomy and freedom in your work and be having a holistic attitude to modern technology. If you've got all of that, then you could be perfect for this Senior Frontend Developer role and we'd love to see your CV. ---- What can I earn? This Senior Frontend Developer position offers an attractive basic salary of up to €75,000 per annum. In addition, you'll get other benefits which include the following: - Great work/life balance with flexible hours and remote working options - 3 month long-distance remote option to work from another country - Your choice of hardware - Fast career progression opportunities towards more responsibilities ---- Tell me a bit about the hiring company... Established in 2011, they are a leading ecommerce platform acting as the middle man between merchants, customers and affiliates. They handle and process large amounts of data in order to balance highly diverse user groups. They're a great company to work for. People join them for many reasons, such as they: - Find a CTO who is empowering them to do their job, not micromanaging them - Have the freedom to select the technology stack they build with - Enjoy the unique challenges of building frontends to work on a very large scale under high-traffic - Love the central cologne city office location - Find colleagues who are enthusiastic engineers, social and friendly ---- Think you've got what it takes? If you think you're the perfect fit for this Senior Frontend Developer role, then click the 'Apply Now' button, send us your CV and we'll consider you for the first round of interviews. ---- You could be right for this Senior Frontend Developer position if you've previously worked as any of the following: Senior Frontend Developer, Senior Frontend Entwickler, Senior Frontend Softwareentwickler, Senior Frontend Engineer, Frontend Developer, Frontend Softwareentwickler, Frontend Entwickler, Frontend Software Entwickler, Frontend Engineer, React Developer, Angular Developer or as a Vue Developer. Darwin Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.