WE SPECIALISE IN FINDING FANTASTIC OPPORTUNITIES
FOR DIGITAL AND DATA SPECIALISTS WITH THE MOST INNOVATIVE BUSINESS ACROSS EUROPE AND THE USA.
£70000.00 - £107000.00 per annum + Benefits
5 months ago
Privately and independently owned company working in the heart of Bern for the last 37 years. SME owned by its employees for its employees. Leaders in weather, climate, environment and IT science.
Are you looking to join an SME with a focus on environmental, climate and geodata? Do you want to join an agile company who develop their projects and services alongside current trends and issues? Do you want to be part of a company that invests its profits in further developments and shared with employees and shareholders? Are you eager to work for a company whose most important assets are their employees?
Our client is a leading company in weather, climate environment and IT science, characterised by a high customer focus, expertise and technical competence. They have financial and professional independence which forms their basis as a neutral service provider. They value individuality and team spirit, sustainable entrepreneurship, putting the needs of their customers at the forefront of their work and environmental awareness. They provide a wide range of solutions from weather forecasts, air quality and emission maps, ice forecasts, solar energy and climate assessments, weather stations, energy yield and data management.
They are looking for a Frontend Developer to join their team in central Bern. As the right developer for this position, you have:
- Worked in development environments based on Jira/Git/etc
- Any experience with Python and frameworks like Flask and Django or NumPy and SciPy etc would be valued
- Knowledge of C# and databases such as MariaDB and InfluxDB would also be beneficial
- A software developer with a focus on front-end development
- Able to work as a team player in both the software team and with professionals from other areas of the business.
- Efficient and results oriented
- Able to reach fast decisions and understand tasks quickly
- Willing to learn
- Interested in working with weather, environment and geodata
- Fluent in German/Swiss German
- Working in conception and implementation of new projects
- Development and maintenance of databases
- Diverse projects across all areas of the business - conception, implementation, development and maintenance
- Located in central Bern
- Founded in 1981
- One of the most experienced service providers for weather, climate and environmental data in Europe
- Team made up of 35 scientists, engineers and computer scientists.
- Committed to environmental concerns since it was founded
- Set up one of the first wind power plants in Switzerland
- 'GreenIT' focus - web servers are in a computing centre which is operated 100% with CO2 free hydropower
- Member of NEUE ENERGIE Bern
- Half of the electricity used by the company is supplied by their own photovoltaic system located in the office building
- Open choice of your development environment (OS, Editor/IDE)
- Quiet office space with plenty of space in company building
- Agile work environment
- Dynamic and talented team
- Working time models are flexible with above average social benefits
- 100% ownership of the company y the employees
- Profits invested in further developments with employee and shareholder involvement
Darwin Recruitment AG is a Zurich based, SECO licensed, privately owned subsidiary of Darwin Professional Staffing Group Ltd (a Global IT Recruitment Consultancy).
Darwin Recruitment AG manages client relationships whilst also utilising Darwin Professional Staffing Group databases and networks to source Candidates and fulfil client requests.
We do not ask for a placement fee from Candidates/Employees.