WE SPECIALISE IN FINDING FANTASTIC OPPORTUNITIES
FOR DIGITAL AND DATA SPECIALISTS WITH THE MOST INNOVATIVE BUSINESS ACROSS EUROPE AND THE USA.
Up to €170.00 per day
6 months ago
Town Planner - Contract role in UK
We are a start-up business with significant backing from well-known parents. We sell to well known Charge Point Operators (many state backed utilities) and spend much of our time encouraging Local Authorities (at County, Borough and Unitary levels) to deploy the right balance of EV charging infrastructure that their residents need.
As the team is only just forming, your ability to roll your sleeves up and dive in to help others outside of your main responsibilities will be welcomed. Having experience of the EV ecosystem and the EV charging market in particular is highly advantageous. The business will start off being based in Hammersmith, and may over time move westwards out of the city.
Our culture, brand and identity are currently being defined (we are that young!) but we want to build a business that attracts and retains the best talent, who are passionate about making a difference to the climate by rapidly increasing the uptake of EV's by ensuring the correct infrastructure exists for everyone to be able to charge; reliably, easily, conveniently and affordably.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Providing support to Planning/Transport Managers.
- Providing input into various transport and planning reports, including TMOs, Transport Assessments/Statements, Parking Impact Assessments and Planning Statements.
- Assisting in the development of relationships with LA officers and other elected officials.
- Working with Planning/Transport Managers to help create innovative strategies to deliver the best EVCP network for a specific region.
- Completing site selection for new EVCPs.
Key Success Factors
- Developing a good understanding of EVCP deployment.
- Achieving relevant Chartership /accreditation in the respective fields.
- Development of good relationships and roll-out strategies with LAs.
- Experience in transport/town planning industry, working with multi-disciplinary professional teams including designers, planning, environmental and engineering advisors.
- Some experience of engagement with public and private sectors on projects.
- Proficiency in report writing, data collection techniques, data analysis and interpretation.
- An ability to use one's own initiative.
- Good project management skills.
- Knowledge of the planning systems, process, policy and legislation especially around EVs.
- Understanding of commercial pressures and targets.
- GIS experience is essential.
Experience working within a private consultancy or a Local Authority is essential.