CHF170000 - CHF200000 per year|
Permanent, full-time based in Zurich
About the role
We are currently searching for an engineering manager to work accross several products in which you will help to provide the opportunity for students to experience educational travel experiences across the world each
year. This role is embedded in the Travel team which is responsible for procuring, matching,
and booking all flights within a tour for our travelers.
As an Engineering Manager your main goals are:
- To enable your team to deliver highquality software in a timely fashion that matter to our customers.
- To own the team's deliverables by collaborating on all aspects of the software lifecycle.
- To be responsible for hiring, continuous improvement, and career development of your engineers
- To be able to tackle future challenges.
How you will contribute:
- You should be a strong leader and team player
- Have a strong technical knowledge
- Be eager to learn and teach/mentor
- Have a passion for building products that our customers will love.
- Work closely with your team to design and deliver software solutions for complex business problems
- Drive the technical vision of the team and the strategic evolution of our systems,
- Contribute technical perspectives to strategic decisions
What you bring with you:
- 2+ years of experience in leading a team with 4 - 7 engineers
- Understand characteristics and trade-offs of programming paradigms such as objectoriented
- vs functional, or architectural styles like modular monoliths vs. microservices
- A desire to learn new and current technologies and go outside your technical comfort zone,
- Strong team player with great communication skills and a passion for collaboration
- Empathy, understanding of other disciplines in and around the product
- Interest in using principles and techniques of Domain-Driven Design
- Discounted passes to local destinations and tourist hot spots
- Full reimbursement of the SBB 'halb-tax' travel card, covering country-wide public transportation
- Free membership for our newly built gym or get involved with our variety of sportsteams
- Seasonal and monthly office events including holiday parties, ski trips, and pay-day happy hours
- Discounts on a wide range of local restaurants, shops, hotel stays
- 15% off in-house childcare service (more info. available)
- Option to work in the office full-time, hybrid, or consideration for additional flexibility
- Relocation support, if applicable
- Diverse and inclusive workplace
- Collaboration on choice of technology
- One flight home per year
Darwin Recruitment AG is a Zurich based, SECO licensed, privately owned subsidiary of Darwin Professional Staffing Group Ltd (a Global IT Recruitment Consultancy).
Darwin Recruitment AG manages client relationships whilst also utilising Darwin Professional Staffing Group databases and networks to source Candidates and fulfil client requests.
We do not ask for a placement fee from Candidates/Employees.
If you wish to contact a specialist regarding this role, or your job search in general, please contact +41 (0)43 456 29 09
SUBMIT YOUR CV
SIMILAR JOBS IN Project Management.
Lead Front end Engineer
Apply Now Lead Front-end Developer We are a growing team based in Oslo, and looking for an experinced Frontend Lead...
USE OUR ONLINE PLATFORM TO ACCESS ALL THE INSIGHTS THAT YOU NEED...
• Salaries; split by technology and seniority level.
• Time to hire; how long it takes to secure and start a new role, or source and hire talent.
• The average tenure of professionals per tech specialism.
• Gender split per location and tech specialism.
• Fastest growing skills per tech specialism.