Engineering Manager (Cyber Security).
Engineering Manager (Cyber Security)
kr60000 - kr80000 per month|
Darwin Recruitment are currently hiring for an Engineering Manager on behalf of a Cyber Security business in Stockholm that won the Cyber defence magazine award for 2019 for being a ground-breaking company in threat intelligence. This business was founded in 2005, but officially traded as a Cyber Security company in 2012 and currently have x2 offices based in Stockholm and London. The Stockholm office is where all the development team is based, which is the HQ for the business and at present has 16 staff, whilst the London office is where all the sales for the company operates and has 20+ employees. The company is expanding due to out growing their Stockholm office and are investing into a 2nd office to help the business grow further in Stockholm.
This company creates products that help business, security and intelligence professionals analyse and bring meaning to this ever-increasing amount of data on the web. They are a small and independent, yet highly successful business and on a mission to accelerate growth. With customers spanning the corporate, financial, governmental and military sectors in more than 20 countries, they are a leader in their business space. Their biggest client base is the USA, where they have customers such as Walmart and the Big 4, whilst also having a big presence in Belgium with their biggest banks. This company helps customers understand the risks and trends in their environment, focusing on IT threats, business risks and global events. Their technology combines analysis of unstructured data, interactive visualizations and machine learning to process millions of documents from hundreds of thousands of sources to serve up situation pictures about any topic. Customers can monitor hacker groups, malware, vulnerabilities, reputational risks or any other kind of threat in news, blogs, feeds, and social media or in other internal or external data.
As a frontend developer with this business, you will be developing new features and visualisations for the company's award-winning open-source intelligence application. You will participate in planning and architecting a state-of-the art online user interface that is used 24/7 by numerous Fortune100/FTSE100 sized customers. You will have agile and pair programming, unit testing, demos and retrospectives as part of the work - helping both you and the team to evolve together and build software that works with as little technical debt as possible. You also will have frequent one-on-one meetings with your manager to help with your personal development and future with the company.
Your daily activities
1. Work closely with product management to ensure they are building products in the best way.
2. Optimize team efficiency and scalability.
3. Engage team and make everyone move in the same direction towards the same goal.
4. Juggle priorities and provide leadership in an innovative and fast-paced environment.
5. Be data-driven and always seek new ways of knowing and improving your services.
6. Take a lead on key initiatives and large technical projects.
7. Coach and mentor onsite and remote engineers making them grow.
8. Actively support recruitment and onboarding of new employees.
9. Hands-on activities such as code reviews and architecture planning.
1. 6+ years of developer work experience (ideally with C# as that is their primary language), at least 2 of those as a manager
2. Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience would be desirable
3. You have hired and led high-performance engineering teams.
4. Have made a major movement or led a change initiative, for example taking a project or team from A to B.
5. You have solid experience from working in an agile development environment.
6. Fluent in English
7. Strong organizational and prioritization skills along with outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
Darwin Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
SUBMIT YOUR CV
SIMILAR JOBS IN Product Management.
Sr. Director, Product Management
Full description The Sr. Director, Product Management leads a product team (typically 15-30) responsible for a product domain comprised of...
Sr. Scrum Master needed in Amsterdam Your main responsibility as Sr. Scrum Master is pushing the delivery of my clients'...
Position Summary Are you looking for a meaningful job where you can make a difference? Join our journey to develop...
USE OUR ONLINE PLATFORM TO ACCESS ALL THE INSIGHTS THAT YOU NEED...
• Salaries; split by technology and seniority level.
• Time to hire; how long it takes to secure and start a new role, or source and hire talent.
• The average tenure of professionals per tech specialism.
• Gender split per location and tech specialism.
• Fastest growing skills per tech specialism.