Director of Machine Learning
Berlin, Germany , €140000 - €200000 per annum + Stock Equities
2018-04-24 16:56:05 +0100
Data, Project Management, Other Digital Jobs, Data Analytics, Data Engineering, Data Science, Other Data Jobs
Director of Machine Learning
Head of all ML departments, projects and teams in a technically hands on machine learning position for a global, market leading e-commerce delivery services app.
Have you been working with machine learning for more than 5 years?
Are you looking to take your ideas to a global scale with a market leading business?
Could you be the spearhead for all machine learning teams and projects for a blue-chip brand?
If your answer to the above three questions is yes, then please read on.
Our client, who are on top of their market in their online domain, are driving to become a machine learning driven business, and in the process of building a machine learning hub in Berlin. They need a director of machine learning to take the wheel for this lab and be the spearhead for this data driven change.
The role will involve the following:
- First and foremost, bring the right people on board. Shaping teams of machine learning experts into an agile environment will be a key focus from the beginning
- Design and implement solutions to issues surrounding route optimization, recommendation systems, customer support automation and predictive analytics
- Oversee the development and implementation of these models onto platforms
- Liaise with C-Level staff to drive forward the data driven movement
The successful candidate will have the following experience:
- Over 5 years of experience solving real world business problems with machine learning and advanced statistical solutions
- Hands on experience and passion for developing machine learning models
- Extensive skills in building and running ML solutions at scale
- Proven ability of translating business problems into technical solutions
- Collaborative skills and attributes, ability to partner with technical and business leaders across an organisation
- Enthusiasm and experience in coaching junior data scientists and machine learning engineers
- Fluency in English
- $500 million+ revenue
- 8000 employees worldwide
- Online mobile app providing consumer service, largest revenue in this market
- 250 technical and product experts in Berlin
Perks & Benefits:
- Flexible work hours
- Pension Scheme
- Young and innovative work environment with cross-functional teams
- Relocation packages
- German lessons
- International work atmosphere and opportunity
- Stability of a large company
Interviews for this role will begin immediately, apply now
Managing This Role
I am responsible for the sourcing of candidates for all permanent positions in the field of big data and data science, for companies in Northern Germany. From Junior Data Scienc...Samuel's Full Bio