WE SPECIALISE IN FINDING FANTASTIC OPPORTUNITIES
FOR DIGITAL AND DATA SPECIALISTS WITH THE MOST INNOVATIVE BUSINESS ACROSS EUROPE AND THE USA.
about 2 months ago
Own your own infrastructure, you make the decisions
Join cross-functional team working directly with Developers
Current modern AWS stack, full arsenal of tools at your disposal
What is your purpose? Enable!
- You are the enabler! Every product development team is cross-functional and never more than 9 people. This means you will be the DevOps Engineer who enables your backend, frontend and UX team colleagues to develop the product better, faster and more easily.
- Being the only DevOps Engineer in a product team means you are free to work how you want. No waiting around for other DevOps colleagues - deploy and integrate on your own terms.
- Everything must run fluently. Your operations duties will enable your team to deploy whenever they want independently.
- With 8 different product teams we cannot say exactly what project you will contribute to, but we can say there are some very exciting review authentication initiatives that will perform better than all traditional review systems, even Google's.
Why you should apply to our opening
- In near future, the business plans to have a total of 8 - 10 DevOps Engineers who for 1 day per week will take care of companywide projects. This central unit will provide added diversity to your responsibilities.
- The autonomous culture means you can pursue alternative career paths in new verticals. Business Intelligence, Project Management, Product, Data Analytics, Backend or Frontend programming are all organic options should you be interested. Alternatively, the new central DevOps team may provide natural career progression.
- You will completely own your infrastructure yourself, which gives you the flexibility and freedom to adopt new AWS tools that could be interesting.
- Joining a cross-functional product team will totally integrate you, working very closely with programming colleagues may even help you improve your own programming knowledge!
Our current tech stack
- AppServer EAP
- Webserver Nginx
- SQL, NoSQL, MySQL
- CodePipeline, CircleCI
Who are we searching for?
An enthusiastic person who wants to own their decisions, collaborate with tech colleagues and be the driver of progress instead of a person who simply wants to be told to "do this" or "do that".
The specific skills you should bring include:
- Although AWS is highly preferred, you should bring working experience with at least 1 of the major cloud technologies (Google Cloud or Azure)
- Terraform is used as infrastructure code across all teams
- You must have an understanding of programming. Knowledge in Java being highly preferred
- Advanced English language skills
Some of the beneficial skills you could bring include:
- Applying DevOps in a product development culture
- Ansible knowledge will be helpful
- Previous CI / CD tools knowledge is always beneficial