WE SPECIALISE IN FINDING FANTASTIC OPPORTUNITIES
FOR DIGITAL AND DATA SPECIALISTS WITH THE MOST INNOVATIVE BUSINESS ACROSS EUROPE AND THE USA.
Amsterdam, North Holland
about 1 year ago
2 yrs extension
The leading Telecom company is looking for a DevOps Architect to make their team even stronger
Contract Length: ASAP-November with 2 years extension
Context of the project:
They are developing the new video ecosystem (over the top app, settop-box and Backoffice), including many applications supporting advanced video delivery services across multiple countries. The development is based on continuous integration and Agile methodology, leveraging cloud and SDN technologies in their private cloud.
Preferred education/ qualifications:
- Bachelor or MSc degree level in a relevant area, like: computer engineering, software design/development, telecommunications, etc.
Knowledge & Experience:
- 4+ years of experience in the design/architecture of complex client-server systems.
- Knowledge of service-oriented architectures (SOA), microservices, and design patterns and technologies used to fulfil these architectures.
- Knowledge and experience with cloud technologies like IaaS, PaaS, and related emerging trends.
- Good understanding of the DevOps practices, including continuous integration, continuous delivery, and its relation to agile methodologies and incremental development.
- Knowledge of XML and XML-related technologies, JSON, and modern Web standards (e.g. REST, HTML5).
- Experience in writing technical documentation for systems design/architecture specifications, including the use of UML, block diagrams, sequence diagrams, etc.
- Knowledge of Digital TV technologies, STB Middleware platforms and Video Delivery technologies is appreciated, but not required, including: video encoding/transcoding, CAS, DRM, video back-ends, workflows, CMS, security services, search, recommendations, CDN, ad insertion, broadband data, home networking, TV, VoD, and PVR.
- Exposure to and understanding of Internet, TCP/IP Systems and Protocols, and Unix based systems.