Hamburg, Germany , Negotiable
2019-08-06 11:32:35 +0100
The social network for business professionals - Senior Database Engineer
We are hiring for the Site operations team, who are responsible for ensuring the 24/7 operations of platform runs accordingly. You will be support both physical and virtual servers, managing the back-up and storage systems and databases/data centre's entire network. It consists of 15 people who work on databases, hosting services and networking. Chef is managing the infrastructure and great fans of automation and monitoring. Using mainly Ubuntu linux as the ops system, MySQL for our databases and RoR for applications. As a Database engineer you are responsible for hosting various databases and optimising the database usage by supporting the development teams.
- Maintain, improve and monitor a variety of databases - MySQL, PostgreSQL, Cassandra.
- Strengthen the operations team and work closely with Dev teams.
- Collaborate with the central tech and data teams ensuring Data pipelines are supported and effective data delivery.
- Manage large volumes of Data, including batch and streaming.
- Expert in MySQL - Replication, Backup and restore, monitoring and HA.
- In-depth experience with web applications running in Linux - good skills with linux.
- Knowledge of non-SQL: databases like: CouchDB, MongoDB, Cassandra.
- Understanding PostgreSQL and MySQL toolset like- Gh-ost, ProxySQL is a plus too.
- Python or Ruby scripting knowledge is also huge plus.
If you're a Database Engineer who is looking for that next challenge for a global tech focused in advancing their infrastructure this could be the role for you. Get in touch - Joseph.Carpenter@darwinrecruitment.com
WHAT'S HAPPENING NEAR YOU?
We understand that our network is the most important asset to our business, so we truly value recommendations. If you have a friend who is looking to take the next step in their career, let us know and we can help them.We have an excellent range of prizes to choose from.
Please note that your recommendation must be working in a position we place them in for a minimum of 3 months for a permanent role, or 1 month for a contract role