WE SPECIALISE IN FINDING FANTASTIC OPPORTUNITIES
FOR DIGITAL AND DATA SPECIALISTS WITH THE MOST INNOVATIVE BUSINESS ACROSS EUROPE AND THE USA.
Swiss Franc110000.00 - Swiss Franc150000.00 per annum
8 months ago
Are you an experienced Database Administrator looking to join a fast-paced team? Do you have an interest in working in the insurance industry? Are you interested in taking on a new challenge in Basel?
My client is looking for an experienced and hard-working Database Administrator to join their team in Basell ASAP. They are able to offer a competitive salary and varied tasks and projects, including direct customer contact.
- Performing daily monitoring and administration of all database instances
- Responding to all database alerts, warnings, and errors in a consistent and timely manner
- Resolving common database issues swiftly and accurately
- Escalates complex issues to internal team members and third-party groups as appropriate, and recognising when to do this
- Maintaining strong relationships with vendor support to ensure quick response to issues
- Ensure availability and integrity in all areas, including backup and archiving, database recovery, disaster recovery, and system response time
- Designing, coordinating and running of various backups and database scripts
- Performing upgrades and patching of databases on a regular basis
* Experience with application & production support, ticket-handling, and maintenance
* 6-8 plus years experience in handling production/project sup-port L2/L3 Incident & Change Management and hands-on experience working with databases like Oracle, MS-SQL, DB2-LUW, MySQL or PostgreSQL in a Linux environment
* Knowhow of Unix, as well as Shell/Perl scripting experience
* Hands-on experience handling production incidents with quick reactions, especially within the finance industry as a bonus
* A team player able to work with both in-house and off-shore teams and collaborate openly
* Open to on-call support and weekend work
* Experience developing, modifying and maintaining shell scripts (bash, Perl, etc.)
* Strong documentation abilities
* Working knowledge of disk storage array technology and its application to Oracle ASM/RAC
* Experience with Oracle RAC 11g technology
* Experience of high availability and DR configuration and setup as a bonus
Fluent German and English is a must.
If you meet the above requirements, please get in contact ASAP to discuss further.