WE SPECIALISE IN FINDING FANTASTIC OPPORTUNITIES
FOR DIGITAL AND DATA SPECIALISTS WITH THE MOST INNOVATIVE BUSINESS ACROSS EUROPE AND THE USA.
Swiss Franc90000.00 - Swiss Franc110000.00 per annum
11 months ago
Are you an experienced Database Administrator looking to join a fast-paced team? Do you have an interest in working in the insurance industry? Are you interested in taking on a new challenge in Basel?
My client is looking for an experienced and hard-working Database Administrator to join their team in Basel ASAP. They are able to offer a competitive salary and varied tasks and projects, including direct customer contact.
- Performing daily monitoring and administration of all database instances
- Responding to all database alerts, warnings, and errors in a consistent and timely manner
- Resolving common database issues swiftly and accurately
- Escalates complex issues to internal team members and third-party groups as appropriate, and recognising when to do this
- Maintaining strong relationships with vendor support to ensure quick response to issues
- Ensure availability and integrity in all areas, including backup and archiving, database recovery, disaster recovery, and system response time
- Designing, coordinating and running of various backups and database scripts
- Performing upgrades and patching of databases on a regular basis
- Experience with application & production support, ticket-handling, and maintenance
- 6-8 plus years experience in handling production/project sup-port L2/L3 Incident & Change Management and hands-on experience working with databases like Oracle, MS-SQL, DB2-LUW, MySQL or PostgreSQL in a Linux environment
- Knowhow of Unix, as well as Shell/Perl scripting experience
- Hands-on experience handling production incidents with quick reactions, especially within the finance industry as a bonus
- A team player able to work with both in-house and off-shore teams and collaborate openly
- Open to on-call support and weekend work
- Experience developing, modifying and maintaining shell scripts (bash, Perl, etc.)
- Strong documentation abilities
- Working knowledge of disk storage array technology and its application to Oracle ASM/RAC
- Experience with Oracle RAC 11g technology
- Experience of high availability and DR configuration and setup as a bonus
- Swiss or EU National, fluent English, German a bonus
If you meet the above requirements, please get in contact ASAP to discuss further.
The cooperation between Darwin UK and Darwin Recruitment AG is set up to procure qualified candidates from EU to Switzerland. Darwin Recruitment AG acquires the clients and searches for candidates in the EU/UK, also through the data base of Darwin UK/Group. The contact with Swiss clients goes primarily through Darwin Recruitment AG.
The placements take place through Darwin Recruitment AG, which is in contact with the clients and candidates. Darwin Recruitment AG employs the candidates under Swiss labour law and follows the rules of the relevant Collective Labour Agreements. Darwin does not ask for a placement fee from the candidates/employees.