Data Scientist - Fraud Detection
Dallas, Texas , US$150000.00 - US$200000.00 per annum + Fantastic Comp package available
2019-02-11 21:59:05 +0000
Cyber Security, Data Science
Data Scientist- Dallas, TX
About the Role:
My client is currently looking for a Data Scientist to join their Dallas team. They are looking for innovative, action-oriented professionals with the desire and initiative to make a major impact on the mobile and ad-tech markets.
You will be a key member of the Research and Technology team; you'll very quickly take the lead on defining, prototyping, and ultimately shipping product features. You'll need to develop good intuitions about what will be meaningful to their customers as well as the fastest way to execute, as you partner with all pillars of thier business. You will utilize and implement a wide variety of machine learning algorithms and write robust, production-level code. In this role, you'll be constantly learning, constantly teaching, and always ready to engage in the careful details as well the big picture of what data reveals about the world.
About the Team:
The work environment is collaborative, fast-paced and team-driven. Become a valuable contributor to a transformative business that is just as passionate about its employees as its clients.
What to expect:
* A dynamic role with a diverse set of customers, various industry domains, and challenging solutions
* Flat organizational structure with significant opportunity for advancement and leadership
* Open culture where commitment, respect, and open communication are essential
* Perfect balance of creativity, innovation, analytical thinking, and rolled-up sleeves
You have strong programming skills and strong understanding of applied data science. You will work in a highly collaborative environment where you communicate and plan tasks and ideas.
· Ability to work in fast-paced environment, quickly iterating on a minimum viable solution
· Hands-on experience working with large volumes of geospatial data
· Good understanding of big data application stack, Spark/Hadoop
· Excellent knowledge of efficient and optimized SQL queries
· Perfect verbal and written communicator explaining complex technical concepts in plain language
· Hands-on experience with Agile Software Development practices, including JIRA, version control, release cycles, etc.
· Ability to write production ready code base with minimal supervision
· Strong understanding of research process and produce high quality documentation for internal and external users
· Educate non-technical audience on methods and techniques used when building solutions
· Top-down thinker, excellent communicator, and great problem solver
The ideal candidate has a background in distributed applications, data warehousing and databases, and machine learning concepts. The candidate is highly proficient in big data ecosystem Spark/Hadoop. The candidate has strong programming skills in Scala/Java, Python, SQL and has an expertise in statistical algorithms for data analysis.
· More than 2-years of experience in Data sciences or Master's in mathematics, statistics computer science, or related.
* Hands on experience in machine learning, sampling, feature engineering features
* Proven experience writing production-grade software/algorithms/models
* Strong experience in supervised and unsupervised learning
* Great understanding of time-series analysis and anomaly detection
* Cloud hosting experience AWS, Azure, Google, Databricks
* Adtech industry expertise
* Experience with building solutions for identifying fraud and invalid traffic within adtech ecosystem
* Hands-on experience with Databricks and Spark SQL
* Hands-one experience with Scikit-learn, Spark ML/MLlib and Pyspark, TensorFlow, etc.
* Strong understanding of Machine Learning workflow and development cycle
WHAT'S HAPPENING NEAR YOU?
We understand that our network is the most important asset to our business, so we truly value recommendations. If you have a friend who is looking to take the next step in their career, let us know and we can help them.We have an excellent range of prizes to choose from.
Please note that your recommendation must be working in a position we place them in for a minimum of 3 months for a permanent role, or 1 month for a contract role