WE SPECIALISE IN FINDING FANTASTIC OPPORTUNITIES
FOR DIGITAL AND DATA SPECIALISTS WITH THE MOST INNOVATIVE BUSINESS ACROSS EUROPE AND THE USA.
15 days ago
Cambridge, MA-based H3 Biomedicine (https://www.h3Biomedicine.com/) is a leading company in cancer genomics driven drug discovery, delivering on the promise of precision medicine. The company was launched in 2011 with an unprecedented $200 million in initial funding from Eisai, plus a continued ongoing commitment to fund H3's robust discovery pipeline and clinical programs. Now with three clinical stage anti-cancer molecules in active development, H3 is able to uniquely leverage distinct insights from cancer genomics and real-life patient data to advance its projects to clinical proof of concept and beyond. H3 embraces a novel business model in which it collaborates with Eisai, a leading global pharmaceutical company, to create a prolific drug discovery engine and partnership platform.
H3 Biomedicine has built a strong data science team with varied scientific background, skillset and responsibilities, spanning data analytics, cancer genomics, bioinformatics, scientific data management and integration to high performance computing. The team has been fully integrated in our research and development organization as a core strength.
We are seeking a highly motivated Data Scientist with leading expertise and diverse backgrounds to join our data science and bioinformatics team. The ideal candidate should have solid scientific, computational and statistic training, and is delivery oriented with a focus on real world impact. The candidate should also be a quick learner, extremely flexible and able to adapt to needs and new scientific advancements.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Work as part of drug discovery project team to proactively identify informatics opportunities, propose solutions, and support analytical needs to ensure best use of all relevant data and methodologies impacting project decisions
- Contribute to the identification and validation of novel cancer targets leveraging public/proprietary genomics data and modern data mining technologies
- Contribute to team effort in data analysis infrastructure development, including identifying or implementing fit-for-purpose tools and working with vendors to streamline the workflow in suitable computing environment
- Contribute to the development of innovative information intelligence solutions and act as bridge between end users and developers to clarify and define system requirement.
- Maintain expertise in state-of-the-art data science and cancer genomics methods
- Proactively communicate to supervisor and key stakeholders of activities and status
- Generate patent, technical documents, external publications and presentation
- Work with external vendors to achieve business goals
- Must be able to multi-task
- Ph.D in bioinformatics, computational biology, computer science, or biostatistics, life sciences
- 3+ years of industry experience in cancer genomics
- Expertise in computational tools for data analysis including but not limited to:
- NGS data analysis, such as RNASeq, WES, BS-Seq and single cell sequencing
- Multi-omics data analysis such as genomic alterations, transcriptome profiling, copy number profiling, and proteomics
- Large scale functional genomics screening data analysis using CRISPR/shRNA technology
- Solid understanding of statistical analysis principles and expert user of the statistical data analysis tools, such as R/Bioconductor or Python
- Ability to prototype software solutions and analytical pipelines for data analysis is required
- Proficiency in common cancer genomics / bioinformatics databases and tools is required
- Ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively with research group to understand experimental systems for the development of data analysis solutions is required
- Familiarity with machine learning methods and cloud computing is preferred
- Prior experiences with GWAS analysis or network analysis are desirable
- Must be a team player and willing to help and ask for help; excellent written and verbal communication skills; excellent interpersonal skills with a proven record of interacting with bench scientists effectively.
About H3 Biomedicine Inc.
H3 Biomedicine Inc. is a privately-held, uniquely-structured oncology discovery enterprise whose sole mission is to become a prolific source of new drugs that treat more human cancers with greater success. H3 Biomedicine is applying the expertise of leading scientists to the integration of insights from cancer genomics with innovative capabilities in synthetic chemistry and tumor biology to pursue the most promising current opportunity in cancer therapeutics: patient-based, genomics-driven, small molecule drugs.
Darwin Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS: R (Rshiny, ggplot2, tidyverse, ggplot2, plotly) Basic familiarity with concepts in machine learning PostgreSQL Engineering best practices: git, agile/kanban methodologies, code documentation Experience designing relational databases/ERDs (nice to have) Experience running ML algorithms in AWS or similar platforms (nice to have) Experience working or interning on the data science team at another high performing company (nice to have) CONTACT: Our company is head-quartered in Houston, TX but has employees in Austin, NYC and in Philadelphia. In light of current conditions, we are open to hiring remotely at first provided you can work on Eastern Standard Time, and can then relocate to one of our Texas locations. If interested please reach out ASAP - moving quickly. We are an equal opportunity employer. Darwin Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Data Scientist/Consultant - Machine Learning, Deep Learning, NLP, Python, AWS, German, Munich This is a great opportunity to work for a leading data-driven consultancy in Munich. This company develops big data and AI solutions for international companies. A talented team of data scientists, data engineers and application developers implement innovation projects using advanced analytics and machine learning. The business is looking for talented Data Scientists and Consultants to join the business and work on some exciting projects with customers. In this role, you would identify and evaluate use cases and advise customers on the use of advanced data analytics and machine learning methods. You would develop modern AI environments to prepare data for machine learning, train and select machine learning models. Evaluating the latest methods and technologies is also an important part of this role; allowing you to influence and drive solutions for customers. The business is looking for someone who has a degree in computer science, data science, machine learning or related fields. You should have strong experience of working as a data scientist with a focus on advanced analytics, machine learning and deep learning. Advanced programming experience in Python and SQL is also required. Experience in implementing machine learning models with a range of frameworks (tensorflow, pytorch etc..) is important, as well as knowledge in continuous integration and deployment tools too. As a customer facing role, fluency in German is absolutely essential; as well as being willing to travel to customer sites in the Munich area (when restrictions are lifted to allow this of course). If this role is of interest to you and you'd be keen to find out more, please apply as soon as possible and we'll schedule a call soon. Darwin Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
We are looking for a Data Scientist / Data Steward to join one of our clients in The Netherlands. Requirements; Experience with developing Dashboards Experience with visualization tool SAS and PowerBI and other relevant analytics tools Experience with Data Preparations Great knowledge of ETL tooling and you're able to interact well with Data Engineers Are you the team player we are looking for? Do you see yourself fit? Apply immediately and we will get in touch. Darwin Recruitment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Driven by innovation and research, our client is disrupting healthcare with an AI engine. They are a scaleup company building machine learning product(s) customized to a variety of healthcare institutions and clients. Their models are fully based on university research which is a real drive for futureproof and scalable solutions. We are looking for a Lead Data Scientist that is : Fluent in Python, as their backend and data models are fully in Python Experienced with NLP techniques extract and validate data generated Knowledgeable about basic Machine Learning and AI principles Your daily responsibilities would include: Working closely with multi-disciplinary team to drive innovation and create med-tech AI products Setting-up, deploying and maintaining Data Science pipelines Leading various ML and AI projects that are improving the healthcare, alongside team of 6 other Data Scientists The company offers: Competitive salary + secondary benefits Remote work and traveling possibilities An innovative, diverse and vibrant environment If you are a Lead Data Scientist who is interested in this role or you know a Lead Data Scientist who might be, please feel free to apply here or contact me directly at: E: Nikolija.firstname.lastname@example.org Darwin Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.