Boston, Massachusetts , Fantastic Comp package availble
2019-02-13 17:39:12 +0000
My client is developing a cutting edge fitness device that informs athletes when what, and how much to drink based on sweat biomarkers. Their product will provide actionable information in real time, taking the guesswork out of hydration management. While their initial customer is the amateur endurance athlete, future products will target team sport athletes, military, and laborer markets.
To achieve optimum performance for their product, the team are looking for a Senior Data Scientist to drive our technology development and product engineering efforts with insights gained from analyzing physiological and engineering data. You will be a problem-solver who takes calculated risks in order to get things done. You thrive in a collaborative and entrepreneurial culture. You have the passion and creativity to innovate, as well as the discipline and focus to efficiently execute a scoped R&D strategy. You are hands-on, adaptable, and able to advance mission-critical analyses in close collaboration within a multidisciplinary team.
The ideal candidate will have experience using a variety of data mining and analysis methods and data tools, building and implementing models, developing and optimizing algorithms, and creating and running simulations. You must have a proven ability to understand the scientific and engineering phenomena that underlie the datasets and to drive meaningful results with your data-based insights. You must be comfortable working with a wide range of stakeholders and functions.
● Review and maintain a current understanding of their business and competitive technologies, as well as relevant academic literature relating to sweat analysis and hydration monitoring
● Mine and analyze data from the products benchtop and on-body testing to isolate signals, characterize noise and errors, evaluate hypotheses, and generate actionable recommendations
● Assess the effectiveness, accuracy, and precision of new data and data gathering techniques
● Develop custom data models, tools, and algorithms to apply to data sets
● Collaborate on the design and execution of benchtop and on-body prototype testing protocols
● Coordinate with different functional teams to implement models and monitor performance
● Translate data models and algorithms into executable product requirements and engineering specifications
● Strong problem-solving skills with an emphasis on product development
● Experience using statistical computer languages (R, Python, etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets
● Experience working with and creating data architectures
● Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests, and proper usage, etc.) and experience with their applications
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to present data to a wide range of stakeholders
● A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques
● 3-5 years of industry experience manipulating data sets and building statistical models
● Masters or Ph.D. in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or another quantitative field
UNICORN BONUS POINTS
● Life sciences, biomedical engineering, sports technology, and/or wearables experience
● Mechanical and/or electrical aptitude
● Programming in C or other embedded system experience
● A passion for (amateur) athletics. We are sport agnostic, but we love that competitive drive that all athletes share.
Packages include base salary, equity, benefits, and perks. This position reports to the Chief Technology Officer but will work closely with the full team.
Managing This Role
I manage a team of specialist Recruitment consultants, who focus their time purely on sourcing and building relationships with Data Science professionals in Greater New York Cit...Lewis's Full Bio