Data Engineer - Scala, Spark, Kafka in Fintech - 65K
Schiphol-Rijk, North Holland , €50000 - €65000 per annum + Benefits
2019-04-24 17:06:20 +0100
Digital, Data, Back-end, Scala, Data Engineering
A proven multinational, active in over 40 countries, an established specialist in Fintech, is looking to reinforce their experienced Big Data team with a mid-level or senior Data Engineer. The company is providing full-scale payment solutions to its clients worldwide and the data team is responsible to build a new data platform.
They have enjoyed impressive success and growth in the last years, winning multiple awards for their work and have grown to over 5000 employees worldwide. This organization can provide you with a perfect work-life balance enjoying a high quality of life in the area of Amsterdam.
Data Engineer - What's expected of you?
You and the team will be responsible for the full-cycle development and maintenance of various data interfaces managing, monitoring, transforming and loading data from thousands of sources. The software solutions are built in Scala using various libraries and frameworks. Furthermore, you will be:
- Playing a key role in a squad of 7 people constantly looking for creative ways to improve the service and products and all responsible for designing, building, deploying, testing, etc...
- Working on projects alongside colleagues who share your passion for technology with Agile software development methodologies
- Work as a "T-shaped" Engineer with expertise in backend development and strong in data
- From scratch development (greenfield project) of a new data platform
- Use your strong Functional Programming skills to consistently deliver quality code
- Take ownership of design, implementation, test, documentation, etc…
Data Engineer - Your profile?
- A proven track record as a software developer (at least 3 years of professional experience)
- Knowledge of FP and OO
- Experienced in Scala
- Expertise in Spark, Kafka, Hadoop (HBase, Hive, Yarn)
- Knowledge of Java, Python, Cloud, Airflow are considered a plus
- You speak fluent English
Data Engineer - The offer!
- Be part of the company functioning at the highest level in their domain
- An annual salary which can range between 45.000€ to 65.000€, depending on your current expertise
- High bonuses, high mobility budget, and extra benefits
- A secondary package which includes a pension plan, transport costs, and health insurance
- A role in a one their 20! Agile DevOps teams and an easily accessible office in Amsterdam
- A varied job in a small and highly-collaborative team with many opportunities for career moves
- The R&D department is driven but also a challenging environment. All your colleagues are enthusiastic and always looking to improve the quality of software solutions.
- The perfect environment to live and work with your whole family!
So, I guess you're convinced? Next step is hit apply! Or contact me via phone or email or questions about this or other open roles:
Daniel, Senior Consultant specialized in Scala
Daniel.firstname.lastname@example.org / 020 30 585 41
WHAT'S HAPPENING NEAR YOU?
We understand that our network is the most important asset to our business, so we truly value recommendations. If you have a friend who is looking to take the next step in their career, let us know and we can help them.We have an excellent range of prizes to choose from.
Please note that your recommendation must be working in a position we place them in for a minimum of 3 months for a permanent role, or 1 month for a contract role