Data Engineer - Python
New York, USA , US$110000 - US$150000 per annum + Bonus & Benefits
2017-09-05 19:56:56 +0100
Our client a leading advanced analytics and cloud-based saas company, is currently on the hunt to find a Data Engineer to join their technical team located in Midtown Manhattan or in their west coast facility if you prefer. The perfect candidate will be responsible for building tools from the ground up using, data movement for a data warehouse environment with a focus on the ETL process. He/she should be team oriented, possess extreme attention to detail, and have a proven ability to execute and deliver on highly complex data driven projects.
- Overall vision, strategy and data movement for a data warehouse environment .
- Develop ETL source and target mapping design/specifications
- Develop and execute SQL, stored procedures, and server scripts as needed to support ETL code
- Develop ETL/ELT procedures and transforming datasets using a Python.
- 3+ years professional experience SQL and database concepts.
- Proven ability with Python
- Write scripts to retrieve data from REST and/or SOAP APIs.
- Experience with big data technologies such as Hadoop, Hive, Pig, Spark, Presto, etc.
- Experience with Data Integration tools such as Pentaho.
- Strong troubleshooting, problem-solving and organizational skills.
- Experience with things like; ad server data such as Google Double or Bash is a huge plus.
- Bsc/Msc/PHD degree with a minimum of 3 years of related experience preferred in Computer Science, Engineering or similiar (ideally with a focus on adtech).
Tech: ETL, SQL, Python, R, Spark, Hadoop, Hive, Pig, Presto, REST/SOAP APIsand Pentaho.
Package will include:
- Great base salary range being offered.
- Regualr Career and Salary reviews.
- Company paid medical + Dental / Vision
- Paid holidays.
- 401k match plan
- Corporate Sabbatical Program
Employees working for this business have commented on the freedom that they are given and the ability to work on the latest cutting edge technologies in a growing team but you will be truly making a difference in people's day to day lives.
Managing This Role
Coming from an extensive Talent Acquisition background, I joined Darwin in October 2016 as the Talent Acquisition Manager for the USA. I am a master in sourcing and my role ...Charlie's Full Bio