Data Engineer Needed For Nordics largest ML Environment!
Oslo, Norway , Negotiable
2019-04-08 11:36:12 +0100
Do you want to work in the Nordic region's largest Machine Learning environment?
Do you have experience building and optimizing pipelines, architecture and data sets with Big Data?
Do you have excellent analytical skills, broad experience in gathering data, understanding complex issues and identifying solution designs?
We are looking for an experience Data Engineer for this exciting opportunity!
We are a well-established Norwegian IT consulting company with 150 employees and offices in Oslo, Trondheim and Hamar. We are a gang that is passionate about all technology and everything that is new. Our success depends on the unique composition of employees and our enthusiasm for IT. We are known for having a very good working environment and investing a lot in the social. With us you come to an informal culture / working environment and a well-knit group.
As a Data Engineer you will become part of a heavy professional environment with a great focus on expertise and quality. Artificial Intelligence (AI) is a field of growth and we are investing in offering our customers the best solutions and possibilities. We are looking for you who have experience in making data available and want to be among the best in the area. You also need to be comfortable working closely with representatives from customers at different levels - from the IT department, expert experts and management. You become part of an ever-growing team with us, which today consists of twenty specialists, and your job will be to optimize your customers' large ecosystems of data.
We can offer a culture where you will be "seen" and appreciated by an interdisciplinary environment. Each week, time is set for professional development during working hours that ties theory with practice. As a Data Engineer you will plan, design, build and maintain the data architecture, and support Data Scientists in their role.
Your work tasks will be:
- Identify customers' functional and non-functional requirements for data and business
- Planning, Designing and Building Data Architecture that Supports Customer's AI Initiatives and Ensures Integrity with Customer's Existing Data and Technology Infrastructure
- Identify, design and implement customer data processing improvements. Eg. automation of manual processes, optimization of data delivery and redesign of infrastructure to be able to generalize
- Use different tools and technologies to build the necessary infrastructure for optimal retrieval, transformation and storage of data from many different data sources
- Work closely with Data Scientists to support AI initiatives, realize business value from data-driven solutions, and evaluate new initiatives
- Build tools that use data architecture for data research and analysis
- Plan, manage and document customer workshops and assessments
We appreciate if you:
- Is curious about new technology and can learn and use new skills quickly
- Have experience from supporting and working in interdisciplinary teams
- Has good communication skills in writing, orally and in meeting with customers
- Has excellent analytical skills, and broad experience in obtaining requirements, understanding complex problems, and solution design
- Work structured and can work independently
We want you to have the following experience:
- 2+ years of experience with the tasks listed above
- Higher education in computer science, statistics, computer science, information systems or another quantitative field
- Solid understanding of analytical modelling and AI solutions
- Experience from building data warehouses, BI solutions, data visualization and exploration solutions, and similar concepts
- Experience from one or more well-known programming languages in Data Science and Data Engineering: (Python, R, Java, C ++, C #, F #, Scala +).
- Experience in building data processes that support data transformation, data quality, data structure, metadata management and data quantity management
- Practical experience with SQL and experience with relational databases and other databases
- Consultant experience or desire to work as a consultant
- Workplace: Oslo
- Application deadline: ASAP. We evaluate applications on an ongoing basis.
- Language requirements: Good Norwegian and English speaking (written and oral)