Data Engineer mitigating climate change.
Data Engineer mitigating climate change
This is an opportunity to join a unique Insurtech which is dedicated within the area of industrializing indec insurance solutions to alleviate the effects of adverse weather, climate change, and 'acts of god'.
Enhancing the defence and readiness of adverse weather conditions and events by combining Data Science and risk management to be able to streamline the risk management process.
The tech team helps to develop cutting edge and bespoke risk management solutions, modelling, analysis tools and web platforms for corporations, insurers, brokers, governmental agencies, industrial manaufacturs, agribusiness and more.
Now looking for a Data Engineer to expand this possibilities, and to help business and life continue alongside climate change.
Further insight into the role
- The analysis and organisation of raw environmental data (Spatiotemporal data)
- Build the data systems and ETL pipelines from the data sources to the destinations.
- Build and develop a Data HQ to monitor status and the quailiy of every data stream
- Evaluate business needs , objectives and mission.
- Understand trends/pattens and perform data analysis to be able to report the results in the form of analytical tools, dashboards, reports and data visualtion.
- Prep data for modelling purproses
- Work closelsy with Data Scientists and software developers on projects
You are able to bring ….
- Experience creating and working with data systems and pipelines
- Experience working with database systems (SQL and NoSQL), Data Warehousing, ETL and RESTful API's
- Experience with Python and/or R
- Experience with distributed systems and Kafka
- Experience with AWS and S3
- Experience with MongoDB and PostgreSQL
Darwin Recruitment AG is a Zurich based, SECO licensed, privately owned subsidiary of Darwin Professional Staffing Group Ltd (a Global IT Recruitment Consultancy).
Darwin Recruitment AG manages client relationships whilst also utilising Darwin Professional Staffing Group databases and networks to source Candidates and fulfil client requests.
We do not ask for a placement fee from Candidates/Employees.
If you wish to contact a specialist regarding this role, or your job search in general, please contact +41 (0)43 456 29 09
SUBMIT YOUR CV
SIMILAR JOBS IN Data Engineering.
Freelance Python Engineer - Remote
Apply Now Job - Senior Python Engineer Client Location - United Kingdom Remote work offering - 100% Client Industry -...
Freelance Data Engineer/Remote
Apply Now Job - Data Engineer Client Location - Berlin, Germany Remote work offering - 100% Client Industry - E-commerce...
Python Software Engineer
Apply Now Python Software Engineer Our client from the finance environment in Zurich is looking for an English- speaking Python...
USE OUR ONLINE PLATFORM TO ACCESS ALL THE INSIGHTS THAT YOU NEED...
• Salaries; split by technology and seniority level.
• Time to hire; how long it takes to secure and start a new role, or source and hire talent.
• The average tenure of professionals per tech specialism.
• Gender split per location and tech specialism.
• Fastest growing skills per tech specialism.