Data Engineer - Media & Machine Learning - 65K
Amsterdam, North Holland , €50000 - €65000 per annum + Full benefits package
2019-01-24 18:19:15 +0000
Digital, Data, Back-end, Java, Scala, Data Engineering, Data Science
Innovation, media industry, big data, and a machine learning system; all part of this job located in stunning offices in the city of Amsterdam. Sound too good to be true?
My exclusive client is a fast-moving technology business building a media platform for a massive international audience! They are looking to add a Data Engineer to their Dev team where you will be closely working with the data team, existing of skilled and talented scala- and java developers and data scientists.
If this sounds like what you're looking for; don't wait, send me your CV and I will get in touch!
Data Engineer - The function?
- Working in an international, dynamic and talented team of software engineers
- Develop advanced and ground-breaking technical solutions to help further the goals of the company
- Act as a technical contact point between internal and external parties to help best define requirements
- Guide younger team members to aid their evolution and learning
- Be involved in the products' architecture and design
- Improve Scala backend applications by business requirements or innovative features
- Contribute to the software platform which needs to be ready for implementing machine learning systems
Data Engineer - Profile
- A proven track record in either Python, Java or Scala in combination with Cassandra, Elasticsearch, Spark, Kafka or Hadoop
- Strong experience in Data Engineering
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies (Scrum)
- A curious mindset, constantly eager to discover and explore!
- Fluent knowledge of English
Data Engineer - What's on offer?
- A chance to work alongside people who share your passion for functional programming for the creative and innovative
- An impressive annual salary which can go up to €65.000 per year
- A secondary benefits package which includes a fully funded pension plan, training package, and well-equipped work stations (toolset is free of choice!)
- To work in tailor made, highly equipped and modern offices in Amsterdam!
- Fast-moving &-growing working environment
- Clear career perspectives because of company growth
- Lunch served by company-chef and lot's of events and drinks
Got interested? Hit apply!
Looking for something else in Scala or Data Engineering? Contact me @
Daniel.firstname.lastname@example.org / 020 30 58 541
Managing This Role
Coming from a background in IT Recruitment, I joined Darwin in April 2016 as Recruitment Consultant for the Netherlands. After a great and successful year, I was promoted to Exe...Daniel's Full Bio