Data Engineer impacting logistics.
Data Engineer impacting logistics
CHF90000 - CHF120000 per year|
This is an opportunity to join a pioneer in international logistics, and one of Switzerland's proudest homegrown companies.
This is a family business that was founded back in the early 1900's, that has constantly evolved the logistics industry further.
This is due to the help they have had from their loyal workforce of over 3,500 employees, including 100 apprentices in 12 different trades.
They see the true value of the human factor with the proof being that many of their top management positions are held by former apprentices and interns
They have grown from a small "carrier" into an international logistics company with over 20 branches in six different countries, but the evolution never stops….
Now seeking a Data Engineer to further develop their cloud based data platform and help mould the Business Intelligence and analytics strategy.
- Further insight into the role
- Develop the data architecture further utilizing Azure Analytics Services
- Collaborate and design both batch and real-time data pipelines and models to ensure accurate data availability
- Work with different stakeholders to gather their requirements and implement secure and valuable data solutions
- Take responsibility for the documentation, implementation, maintenance, and support of data pipelines
- You are able to bring with you -
- Completed degree in computer science or related field
- Several years of professional experience implementing complex data pipelines with Apache Spark and Azure Analytics Stack
- Knowledge of current data architecture approaches such as data lakes and lakehouses
- Strong understanding of databases and query languages (SQL)
- Proficient in scripting and object-oriented programming (e.g. .NET, Python, Bash)
- Fluent in German and English, both spoken and written
- What can be on offer to you -
- A motivated, collaborative, and growing team
- Variety of interesting analytics use cases with company-wide impact
- Short decision-making processes
- Remote work options
- State-of-the-art IT infrastructure
- Wide range of application in the transport & logistics industry with international contacts.
Darwin Recruitment AG is a Zurich based, SECO licensed, privately owned subsidiary of Darwin Professional Staffing Group Ltd (a Global IT Recruitment Consultancy).
Darwin Recruitment AG manages client relationships whilst also utilising Darwin Professional Staffing Group databases and networks to source Candidates and fulfil client requests.
We do not ask for a placement fee from Candidates/Employees.
If you wish to contact a specialist regarding this role, or your job search in general, please contact +41 (0)43 456 29 09
SUBMIT YOUR CV
SIMILAR JOBS IN Data Engineering.
Sr. Software Data Platform Engineer
Apply Now We are looking for a Sr. Software Data Platform Engineer to join one of our clients in the...
Senior Data Engineer
Apply Now SENIOR DATA ENGINEER Are you ready to embark on a thrilling journey to revolutionize the energy industry? Join...
Software/Machine Learning Engineer
Apply Now A leading Swiss, fintech focused, consulting and implementation company who are successful in having numerous areas of focus...
USE OUR ONLINE PLATFORM TO ACCESS ALL THE INSIGHTS THAT YOU NEED...
• Salaries; split by technology and seniority level.
• Time to hire; how long it takes to secure and start a new role, or source and hire talent.
• The average tenure of professionals per tech specialism.
• Gender split per location and tech specialism.
• Fastest growing skills per tech specialism.