3 months ago
Are you looking to work in a multicultural, social and creative work environment, as well as being part of an enthusiastic team of developers, data scientists and engineers?
We are Norway's leading institute for applied research on the environment. The institute has world-class, multidisciplinary expertise across a wide array of environmental, climatic and resource-related fields.
In our methods we combine research, evaluation, monitoring, problem-solving and advisory services at international, national and local levels.
We cover a broad set of environmental data from monitoring programs, field studies, modelling and samples analysed in our laboratories. The data include chemical, biological quantities and physical data.
This position is within our head office in Oslo. We also have regional offices based across Europe and Asia.
With our efforts to deliver environmental data services to the community, we are hiring a full-time data engineer for a (2-year contract) focusing on data management, data stewardship, data wrangling and data science.
Within this role your will be working on:
· Data management, data governance and reporting of environmental data towards national authorities and other external stakeholders
· Data wrangling: prepare, analyse and facilitate efficient use of data by our researchers
· Contribution to additional development projects
· Take part in research projects: data preparation, quality assurance, analytics and data science
· The work will be done in close collaboration with colleagues in the environmental data science section, as well as scientists and technicians across our research domains
We would be looking for someone with the following experience and qualifications:
· Educated within IT/informatics or software engineering, preferably systems or software development, data management, databases or statistics
· Experience with programming can compensate for lack of formal education
· Experience with Oracle, PostgreSQL, Access, etc. data integration and data reporting will be an advantage
· A background from working with data in natural sciences is also highly beneficial
· New graduates are welcome to apply
We want someone who is enthusiastic with good communication skills. This is a chance to work in a broad, interdisciplinary and international research group with colleagues from a range of backgrounds along with having the ability to work on a variety of tasks.
If you have the necessary skills and are interested in making environmental changes, then please apply!