I have an exciting and unique opportunity for a Junior Cryogenic/Mechanical Engineer to join a Quantum Computing Company based in Elmsford, NY.
Salary: $100,000 - $130,000 depending on experience
Location: Elmsford, NY (On-Site)
- In this role you will be part a cryogenic test team, you will be responsible for the assembly of new low and ultralow temperature experimental setups and their components.
- This is a hands-on role and very maintenance driven.
- You will perform general lab support and preventative maintenance of the state-of-the-art test laboratory.
- You will be setting up the laboratory test infrastructure, assisting in running measurements and analysing the test results.
- You will regularly discuss these results with the colleagues to brainstorm the next steps, develop measurement methods, and lead any required cryogenic and room-temperature hardware troubleshooting and upgrades.
- Full training will be provided.
- 1-2 years experience with Cryogenics.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field.
- Hands on experience in operating of hand tools and equipment.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and manual dexterity.
- Strong understanding of general equipment maintenance processes and methods
- Skilled in assembling of electrical or electronic systems and installing components and wiring.
- Proficiency in operating common testing tools such as oscilloscopes, vector network analyzers, and waveform generators.
- Experience testing, but also want them to have experience on the hardware side with electronics.
Bonus: (Not required but advantageous)
- Experience with superconducting circuits and qubit measurement
- Microwave Engineering
- Proficiency with 2D/3D CAD/CAM engineering computer program
- We have stock options, equity based.
- We have fully covered insurance for the whole family
- 401(k) 4% match.
- Free lunch every day.
- + More
If you are passionate about Cryogenics and want to work with cutting-edge technology we encourage you to apply for this unique position and one of our dedicated consultants will be in touch.
Darwin Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.Harry Pluck
SUBMIT YOUR CV
SIMILAR JOBS IN Mechanical Design.
LEO Spacecraft Engineer
Do you have experience in the space industry specifically with Low Earth orbit (LEO)? Are you looking to join one...
Development and Design Engineer
Are you ready to embark on an exciting journey where your engineering skills will play a pivotal role in revolutionizing...
Do you want to work in a company, where you make an impact in your daily work? My client is...
USE OUR ONLINE PLATFORM TO ACCESS ALL THE INSIGHTS THAT YOU NEED...
• Salaries; split by technology and seniority level.
• Time to hire; how long it takes to secure and start a new role, or source and hire talent.
• The average tenure of professionals per tech specialism.
• Gender split per location and tech specialism.
• Fastest growing skills per tech specialism.