CPE UI Developer
Helmond, North Brabant , €470.00 - €490.00 per day
2019-03-11 08:42:23 +0000
The leading telecom company is looking for a CPE UI Developer/Architect
- The role of CPE UI Developer/Architect is part of the "UI & Apps" team within the "Technology - Entertainment" organization.
- This team is responsible for customer facing video related UI's on different devices (CPE UI, Mobile , Web and applications for TV app stores).
- The UI Developer/Architect is the link between the product team / requirements and the developers and will participate in development.
- Develop HTML based UI's on different devices such as next generation set top boxes, TV's and other devices. Closely working with the production, product, design and operations teams in order to develop and deploy applications.
- Define & design UI components/Applications for CPE
- Align technical solutions with E2E architecture
- Attend and provide input in backlog refinement sessions
- Provide impact assessment on requirements
- Discuss requirement details and alternative solutions with product team
- Evaluate new technologies / products
- Execute proof of concepts (POC)
- Provide input to vendor / technology selection
- Monitor new development related to front end in the market
- Take the lead in defining process for build, unit testing, coding guidelines & code review
- Monitor if the ongoing developments are in-line with the defined architecture.
- Take the lead in aligning the defined architecture with the developers
- Participate in development
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- 5+ years of experience with UI development in the cable, satellite or telco industry
- Experienced in UI animation and graphic programming technologies (e.g. DFB, WebGL, EFL)
- Understanding of content protection (DRM), streaming protocols, network capabilities, web security
- Comfortable working in an agile scrum environment, issue tracking Atlassian Jira, Wiki
- Preferably familiar with STB middleware technology; RDK, CI+, Hbbtv, IPTV and TV-Apps.
- Preferably familiar with Linux, Nginx, Node.js, version control (e.g. Git, Gerrit)
WHAT'S HAPPENING NEAR YOU?
We understand that our network is the most important asset to our business, so we truly value recommendations. If you have a friend who is looking to take the next step in their career, let us know and we can help them.We have an excellent range of prizes to choose from.
Please note that your recommendation must be working in a position we place them in for a minimum of 3 months for a permanent role, or 1 month for a contract role