8 months ago
Configuration Manager - Automotive - Hamburg, Germany
My client is a key player within the Automotive technology sector with 30,000 staff operating in over 23 countries. An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Freelance Configuration Manager for ECU projects based in their Hamburg office.
The Configuration Managers remit lies in the design, introduction and further development of an overarching configuration management concept, taking into account functional security requirements. The sub-areas of hardware and software development as well as system testing are to be mapped at the overall level.
Duties of the Configuration Manager:
- Analysis, merging and integrating existing, subordinate configuration management methodologies
- Validation of the developed concept methodology
- Introduction of configuration management tools and accompanying documentation to the customer
- Development of training documents and training courses, as well as expert guidance from project staff
- Independent and active advancement of development issues
Ideally the Configuration Manager will have the following:
- Degree educated in electrical engineering or a comparable qualification
- Work experience in configuration management
- Good knowledge of development processes (hardware, software, system level)
- Practical experience in configuration management tools such as SVN, GIT
- Knowledge of one or more industry standards, such as IEC 61508, DO-178B
- Knowledge of ALM, PLM and ticketing systems are beneficial, such as Jira, Polarion, Team Center
Please note, this Configuration Manager position is 100% site based in Hamburg, remote work is not an option for this freelance position.