WE SPECIALISE IN FINDING FANTASTIC OPPORTUNITIES
FOR DIGITAL AND DATA SPECIALISTS WITH THE MOST INNOVATIVE BUSINESS ACROSS EUROPE AND THE USA.
US$100000.00 - US$130000.00 per annum + Benefits, Bonus
8 months ago
Darwin Recruitment has partnered exclusively with a Chicago based start-up That's on a mission to make writing painless!
Whether you're finishing up your academic papers or you're putting together a presentation for an important meeting in front of your executive board, this company has created a state-of-the-art AI paraphraser. This incredibly innovative tool functions right now as a thesaurus (to compose sentences, boost fluency and get over the block of authors) but in time, they plan to bring out a full suite of exciting products that will truly make the process of writing painless.
Here's a deeper insight into the company:
They promote a culture that is very driven and predominately Research centric, with a team of 10 employee's that sit in the USA and India. These teams are supported by 3 extremely talented, highly-skilled co-founders that have been mentored by some of the most recognizable though leaders in the AI space (Google Deepmind Advisors).
They have grown their customer base from 300,000 to 1.4 million in the last 6 months completely organically (no marketing overhead's - purely word of mouth), are already turning a very healthy profit and are moments away from closing a very attractive VC round which will ultimately fuel all of their future research plans.
- Holds an Master's degree or PhD in linguistics, computational linguistics, or another linguistics-related discipline.
- Is fluent in English and has a great understanding of English grammar, syntax, semantics, and usage, especially for writing.
- Values and practices strong problem-solving, critical thinking, and analytical skills.
- Has experience with scripting languages (preferably Python) in a Linux environment.
- Has experience with research processes and qualitative as well as quantitative approaches.
- Has experience with crowdsourcing or vendor management.
- Is positive, organized, and detail-oriented.
- Proficiency in multiple languages is a bonus but not required.
- You will lead mission-critical NLP research and product team tasks (e.g., designing annotation guidelines, annotating content, performing data quality control).
- You will evolve and prioritize ongoing working processes associated with our data and annotation needs, (i.e., annotation guideline development, data development, etc.).
- Design linguistic rules to clean data, translate American to Canadian and Australian English, and assess data quality.
- Design a data annotation pipeline.
- Procure and clean datasets.