CLOUD LEAD ENGINEER.
CLOUD LEAD ENGINEER
CLOUD LEAD ENGINNER- Internalization after 3 months temp contract
Our client in Zurich, a global leader in finance, is looking for a Cloud Lead Engineer. In this role you can be based in Zurich, London or Bratislava. You will be required to be in the office 1 to 2 times per week, the other working days will be remote.
- Devise/design, (help) develop and implement, deploy and support Cloud computing services, including PaaS, Containerized and SaaS solutions/deployments; design and develop solution architectures that support the company's corporate business strategy and enterprise information & data strategy
- Apply architectural and engineering concepts to design a solution that meets operational requirements, such as scalability, maintainability, security, reliability, extensibility, flexibility, availability, and manageability, determine project scope and limitations and estimate time and cost required to accomplish the implementation
- Design, implement, and maintain platforms in EDM (Enterprise Document Management) area in a hybrid environment, and resolve challenges associated with those environments
- Assess current business infrastructure and develop migration roadmap for the cloud, integrate existing application landscape into a cloud ecosystem, and help migrate (platform) solutions and applications into the Public Cloud
- Ensure technology solutions are production ready, can be maintained via production support methodologies and resources, and meet the defined specifications
- Research new technologies and prototype new ideas, participate in and lead research and development efforts (proofs of concept, prototypes), as subject matter experts, when introducing new technologies
- Collaborate in deep architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment, to meet security requirements and high availability in the Cloud
- Install, configure, and maintain (containerized) 3rd party solutions and platform components
- Establish appropriate documentation and communication of cloud architectures and establish an architecture documentation culture
- Verify and resolve configuration and other (non-software related) issues and troubleshoot production issues, take active ownership of problems & incidents
- Facilitate communications with business stakeholders (for technical issues and/or major changes), communicate actively, acting as technical domain subject matter expert
- Implement Configuration Management and Infrastructure as Code (Chef, CloudFormation, Terraform)
- Develop or help develop technology specifications and standards in the area under consideration and ensure that new technology solutions are designed for optimal access and usefulness
- Serve as technical owner and point of contact for solutions in the area at hand (EDM)
- Strong background in Computer Science fundamentals, deeply experienced in cloud computing, good solution architecture skills and experience
- Good understanding and hands on experience of Cloud architecture and technologies. Broad knowledge of hybrid infrastructure, distributed, highly available platforms
- Successfully delivered cloud projects of medium/high complexity on Azure
- Deep knowledge and understanding of containerization (AKS, Docker, …), automation and Infrastructure as Code (Helm and Terraform an asset), microservices & microservice architectures, event-driven and multi-cloud architecture, and API based and message-based integration
- Recent experience in and deep understanding of Enterprise Information/Document Mgmt systems
- Forward-thinking on recommended services to meet anticipated business needs, systems analysis/ BA skills are an asset
- Expert level knowledge and experience in IT systems engineering, technical knowledge and understanding of architecture, platform design and integration with large scale deployments
- Problem solving skills and troubleshooting experience, customer service and interpersonal skills
- Experienced in and apt to work in an Agile team and setup, brings an Agile mindset
- Experience with system capacity planning as well as with application servers and containers
- Azure certification or equivalent experience a must
- Bachelor's degree (B.S.) in Computer Science, Information/Doc Management Systems, or related major (e.g. computer engineering) or equivalent IS / business experience required
Darwin Recruitment AG is a Zurich based, SECO licensed, privately owned subsidiary of Darwin Professional Staffing Group Ltd (a Global IT Recruitment Consultancy).
Darwin Recruitment AG manages client relationships whilst also utilising Darwin Professional Staffing Group databases and networks to source Candidates and fulfil client requests.
We do not ask for a placement fee from Candidates/Employees.
If you wish to contact a specialist regarding this role, or your job search in general, please contact +41 (0)43 456 29 09
SUBMIT YOUR CV
SIMILAR JOBS IN Data Engineering.
new york city
Lewis Adams-Dunstan is looking for a talented Data Engineer for his NYC based client. They want to recruit someone with...
Senior Engineer - Data Engineering
Do I have any GC holders/US Citizens who are looking for a new challenge in 2022? Lewis Adams-Dunstan is supporting...
Data Engineer - AWS
Data engineer - AWS Are you an explorer? Are you ready for a new challenge in the Big Data world?...
USE OUR ONLINE PLATFORM TO ACCESS ALL THE INSIGHTS THAT YOU NEED...
• Salaries; split by technology and seniority level.
• Time to hire; how long it takes to secure and start a new role, or source and hire talent.
• The average tenure of professionals per tech specialism.
• Gender split per location and tech specialism.
• Fastest growing skills per tech specialism.