Cloud Infrastructure Engineer
Amsterdam, North Holland , Negotiable
2019-01-29 11:34:26 +0000
Currently I'm looking for a Cloud Infrastructure Engineer that wants to work at a big Dutch company in Amsterdam!
You'd be working on a very exciting and new project in which your skills would be greatly appreciated. The company has asked me to get in touch with experienced people for this new opportunity!
A couple of interesting notes;
- Responsible for the overall day to day operations of managing Cloud Services
- Evaluate new software, problem management, config
- Facilitate in the adoption of public cloud
- Using the latest technology and tools
- Working with cloud technology and tools
The job will be for 12 months initially with a fair option to extend into permanent.
More details about the job:
You will be responsible for a combination of system administration and platform engineering and it will provide an opportunity to operate in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, supporting the private cloud and all the global infrastructure.
As a member of the Compute team, you will help drive the design of the system architecture and actively prepare for new technical implementations (hardware, platform, product and service deployments) as well as provide client support for service related issues as escalated from Tier1/ Tier2 response team.
You will collaborate with other Senior Engineers and other teams, while continuing to find new areas that can be improved by bringing a DevOps mindset - including public cloud offering, private clouds, monitoring solutions, backup systems, server images and highly available clusters.
What You Will Be Doing
· Responsible for the overall day to day operations of managing Cloud Services including monitoring, incident resolution,
problem management, configuration.
· Capacity planning, availability management, and routine update of services.
· Participates in the day-to-day operational aspects of the department (tickets).
· Evaluate new software, hardware, and infrastructure solutions.
· Continually developing & maintaining a private cloud platform
· Facilitate the adoption of public cloud
· Participate in an on-call rotation for after-hours support.
· Working in a fun & positive team environment
· Using the latest technology and tools
· Working on exciting projects
· Working with cloud technology & tools
What You Need for this Position
· 5+ years Linux System administration and engineering experience.
· 3+ years of experience with cloud services and concepts, preferably OpenStack
· 3+ years of experience with CEPH
· Experience with monitoring tools such as Nagios and Grafana
· Medium to High level scripting skills (Bash, Python, Ruby, etc.)
· Excellent troubleshooting skills
· Experience using Git
· Experience using PXE or other kickstarting technologies
· Familiar with Puppet & Ansible
· Understanding of server hardware
· Exposure to containerization technology (Docker, Kubernetes)
· Exposure to Hadoop - nice to have
· Exposure to GPU HPC clusters - nice to have
· General Networking skills required (Layer 2 & 3 switches, TCP/IP, SNMP, etc.)
· Hands-on mentality with a demonstrated talent for solving problems proactively
· High degree of flexibility and adaptability
· Strong interpersonal communication skills and the ability to communicate with customers, vendors and partners, across all
levels of the organization (English)
· A positive and open approach, we want you to have a voice and bring in new ideas and solutions.
Job will start 01-04-2019 and will be for 12 months at least!
40 hours a week, minimal € 40,00 per hour