Amsterdam, North Holland
Up to €80.00 per hour
7 months ago
Cloud & infrastructure Engineer
This candidate will be responsible for a combination of system administration and platform engineering and it will provide an opportunity to operate in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, supporting the private cloud and all of the global infrastructure.
As a member of the Compute team, this individual will help drive the design of the system architecture and actively prepare for new technical implementations (hardware, platform, product and service deployments) as well as provide client support for service related issues as escalated from Tier1/ Tier2 response team. The individual will collaborate with other Senior Engineers and other teams, while continuing to find new areas that can be improved by bringing a DevOps mindset - including public cloud offering, private clouds, monitoring solutions, backup systems, server images and highly available clusters.
What You Will Be Doing
* Responsible for the overall day to day operations of managing Cloud Services including monitoring, incident resolution, problem management, configuration.
* Capacity planning, availability management, and routine update of services.
* Participates in the day-to-day operational aspects of the department (tickets).
* Evaluate new software, hardware, and infrastructure solutions.
* Continually developing & maintaining a private cloud platform
* Facilitate the adoption of public cloud
* Participate in an on-call rotation for after-hours support.
* Working in a fun & positive team environment
* Using the latest technology and tools
* Working on exciting projects
* Working with cloud technology & tools
What You Need for this Position
* 5+ years Linux System administration and engineering experience.
* 3+ years of experience with cloud services and concepts, preferably OpenStack
* 3+ years of experience with CEPH
* Experience with monitoring tools such as Nagios and Grafana
* Medium to High level scripting skills (Bash, Python, Ruby, etc.)
* Excellent troubleshooting skills
* Experience using Git
* Experience using PXE or other kickstarting technologies
* Familiar with Puppet & Ansible
* Understanding of server hardware
* Exposure to containerization technology (Docker, Kubernetes)
Contract: ASAP to 31-12-2019 (extension is likely)
Workweek: 40 hours a week
Hourly rate: € 80,- per hour